Mr Karl Anders > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Karl Anders
Housing Litigation & Management
Karl is head of Walker Morris’ Housing Litigation & Management Team advising social and private sector landlords on all areas of residential landlord and tenant law. Karl is particularly recognised for his expertise in respect of occupational tenancy possession actions relating to all types of tenure, possession claims against trespassers, lease forfeiture and anti-social behaviour injunctions.
Karl’s clients include lending institutions, fixed charge receivers, registered providers of social housing, nationally recognised letting agencies and the largest UK supplier of student and key worker accommodation.
Karl has been instrumental in developing the firm’s case management system for arrears-based residential possession claims (Freehome™). This innovative service provides clients with secure online access to up to date information and reports regarding their cases and has a direct interface with the HM Court Service’s PCOL website.
Walker Morris LLP‘s client base encompasses national retailers and occupiers, landlords, public sector companies and energy sector clients. The group has a notable reputation for handling contentious matters relating to developments, particularly housebuilding work. Other areas of expertise include portfolio management issues, contentious disposals and acquisitions, residential lease forfeitures and enfranchisements; the team is also growing its contentious defective title insurance work. Andrew Beck and Martin McKeague jointly lead the department, Malcolm Simpson focuses on developer clients and Karl Anders handles residential landlord and tenant matters.
Walker Morris LLP‘s client base spans housing associations, local authorities, registered providers, contractors, arms-length management organisations and finance clients. The team regularly assists with development and construction transactions, procurement work, joint ventures, housing regulation, housing management, disputes, affordable housing disposals and finance work. Chris Woodthorpe leads the department, which also includes Karl Anders, who heads up the housing management and litigation team; and public sector expert David Kilduff.
- Property litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Social housing - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property