Mr Karl Anders > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Karl Anders
Housing Litigation & Management
Karl is head of Walker Morris’ Housing Litigation & Management Team advising social and private sector landlords on all areas of residential landlord and tenant law. Karl is particularly recognised for his expertise in respect of occupational tenancy possession actions relating to all types of tenure, possession claims against trespassers, lease forfeiture and anti-social behaviour injunctions.
Karl’s clients include lending institutions, fixed charge receivers, registered providers of social housing, nationally recognised letting agencies and the largest UK supplier of student and key worker accommodation.
Karl has been instrumental in developing the firm’s case management system for arrears-based residential possession claims (Freehome™). This innovative service provides clients with secure online access to up to date information and reports regarding their cases and has a direct interface with the HM Court Service’s PCOL website.
Walker Morris LLP provides ‘a good balance of service and price without compromising on quality’. The client roster includes national retailers, landlords, developers, local authorities and public sector bodies. Martin McKeague provides ‘practical and sensible advice’ on a wide range of contentious matters, and is growing his practice in the field of insurance acting for both defective title indemnity insurers and claimants. Malcolm Simpson and Karl Anders represent developers and landlords. Senior associates Lewis Couth and David Manda are also recommended.
Walker Morris LLP has a longstanding relationship with Homes England, often advising on development, asset management and funding schemes. The practice handles the full gamut of housing services, encompassing landlord and tenant, housing management and regulatory compliance and litigation. Karl Anders acts for social and private sector landlords in housing management and litigation, which is complemented by Chris Woodthorpe‘s asset management and development work.
- Property litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Social housing - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property