Mr Adam Brooks > Thomson Geer > Melbourne, Australia > Lawyer Profile
Thomson Geer Offices
LEVEL 39, RIALTO SOUTH TOWER
525 COLLINS STREET
MELBOURNE, VIC 3000
- Go to...
Mr Adam Brooks
Corporate; Mergers & Acquisitions
Adam Brooks is an experienced and regarded corporate, commercial, and mergers and acquisitions (including capital markets) lawyer. In addition to his legal practice, Adam is the Office Leader of the Melbourne office of Thomson Geer.
Adam’s clients span the listed and private, the domestic and international.
Adam has the relatively rare perspective of regularly acting on different “sides” of major transactions; from buyer to seller, from bidder to target, from funder to management team, and from minority shareholder to controller.
Adam holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Master of Laws. He is also a 2013 graduate of Leadership Victoria’s Williamson Community Leadership Program, and is director and company secretary of The Big Issue. Adam is a Senior Fellow of FINSIA and holds their Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment.
- Fellow – Leadership Victoria, Graduate of the Williamson Community Leadership Program (2013).
- PricewaterhouseCoopers prize for excellence – Awarded in recognition of receiving the highest grade in Victoria in the M&A subject in Finsia’s Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment
- The Big Issue – Director and Company Secretary
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Melbourne University
- Master of Laws, Monash University
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, Finsia
Thomson Geer expanded its offering in Western Australia with the addition of a resources-focused team from DLA Piper, strengthening the office led by Michael Bowen. Elsewhere, the firm has continued to record consistent deal numbers in public M&A and private equity transactions, with Melbourne’s Loretta Reynolds a standout performer within the space. Alongside transactions, the firm also regularly advises boards and executives on corporate governance and strategic considerations. Key names in the team include Melbourne-based Adam Brooks , Brisbane’s Eugene Fung , and the Sydney-based pair of Dan Kramer and David Zwi .