Gavin Lane > Trethowans LLP > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Trethowans LLP Offices
THE PAVILION, BOTLEIGH GRANGE BUSINESS PARK
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Personal injury team.
Since qualifying as a Solicitor in 1991, Gavin has specialised in personal injury and clinical negligence cases and brings experience, knowledge and enthusiasm to his work. Having first joined Trethowans in 1997 and rejoined (after a brief spell away) in 2003, he became a Partner in 2007.
Gavin specialises in a wide variety of complex employers’ liability cases and clinical negligence claims, but particularly catastrophic injury cases including brain injury, spinal injury, amputee cases and Claimants suffering multiple fractures. He has a reputation as somebody who will go the extra mile and fight the hard fight on behalf of his clients.
A large proportion of Gavin’s cases are referred to him by solicitors from other firms, which is testament to his knowledge and expertise. Gavin is committed to ensuring maximum compensation and the best rehabilitation possible for his clients, to ensure a good quality of life.
Gavin has been appointed by the Court of Protection to act as a Professional Deputy to manage the property and financial affairs of vulnerable adults.
Trained University of East Anglia, Norwich, College of Law, Guildford, Blake Lapthorn, Portsmouth and Southampton; qualified 1991; partner Trethowans 2007.
Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel Accreditation Scheme
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
APIL accredited Senior Litigator
South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
Trethowans LLP is known for ‘providing London firm quality of service across the south coast’. The firm’s varied workload includes road traffic accidents, workplace accidents and public liability claims. The practice is led by Salisbury-based Clare Carter and Southampton-based John Hall, who has a track record of work on complex asbestos disease claims. Gavin Lane handles catastrophic injury cases involving head injuries, spinal injuries, amputations, multiple fractures and employers’ liability claims. Salisbury-based senior partner Chris Whiteley deals with high-value cases, with a focus on birth injuries.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms