Taylor Wessing Slovakia > Bratislava, Slovakia > Firm Profile
Taylor Wessing Slovakia Offices
- Go to...
- Firm Profile
- Main Contacts
- Lawyer Profiles
- Press Releases
- Comparative Guides
- Legal Briefings
Taylor Wessing Slovakia > The Legal 500 RankingsTaylor Wessing Slovakia's team has a ‘unique skill to make complex legal matters understandable for non-lawyers’. The firm handles a range of advisory matters across all stages of the corporate lifecycle, including the formation of companies, joint ventures, restructurings and buyouts. Juraj Frindrich leads the team; his corporate and M&A expertise is complemented by his knowledge of competition, EU and trade issues. Other key names in the area are Andrej Leontiev, who is the head of the firm’s CEE business and professional services group, and Radovan Pala.
‘The Taylor Wessing team in Bratislava is competent and suitable for any of your legal problems. It is well managed, and people are well assigned according to the problem, its nature and complexity.’
‘Every time I got in touch with Taylor and Wessing in Bratislava, I was impressed by their ability to react promptly and accurately to our demands. They have this unique skill to make complex legal matters understandable for non-lawyers. However, they are extremely precise and accurate when it comes to very legal topics. Their sense of ethic is definitely a big asset. It is very comfortable, for a foreign company, to rely on TW Bratislava.’
‘We have mainly been working with Andrej Leontiev, Juraj Frindrich and Silvia Janigova. They all understand business, they all understand foreign companies and, above all, they all listen to you and your need. It should be the case for all law firms, but it is not always the case. In that respect, TW Bratislava is definitely an outstanding legal firm.’
Tatra Asset Management
City of Bratislava
BVS (Bratislava Water Company)
DPB (Bratislava Public Transportation Company)
Raiffeisen Property International
Slovenská sporiteľňa member of Erste Group
- Advised Bloomreach, the world’s leading Customer Data and Experience Platform, on its acquisition of Exponea, a customer data platform and marketing automation provider, through purchasing of all shares in the holding company of Exponea having subsidiaries in the USA, UK, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and UAE.
- Advised Tatra Asset Management on its joint acquisition of Aupark (one of the largest shopping mall in Slovakia) together with WOOD & Company, the transaction leader.
- Advised the shareholders of Impulse Leasing on the divestment of their shareholdings in Slovak subsidiary to Tatra Leasing.
Slovakia > Employment Tier 1Providing ‘depth of expertise and know-how in specific EU regulations’, Taylor Wessing Slovakia's broad employment practice covers internal reorganisations and transfers of employees, negotiations with trade unions and collective bargaining, among other matters. The practice has a particular strength in terminations, including mass dismissals, and represents clients in civil and administrative proceedings. The team is also increasingly sought after for advice on flexible working arrangements, and it is also involved in high-profile cross-border M&A. 'Brilliant lawyer' Radovan Pala leads the group, which includes senior associates Andrea Čupeľová and Radoslava Lichnovská.
‘I was highly satisfied with the approach of the team and prompt reaction during my case. What was the difference from competitors: experience of team with similar cases, depth of expertise and know-how in specific EU regulations.’
‘Partner Radovan Pala: Responsible. Excellent communication and organisation of the job, experienced in similar cases, deep knowledge.’
‘The team is excellently positioned to advise large international clients. Both the legal know-how and the economic understanding are very good. The team is large enough to handle even very large mandate requests very quickly.’
‘Radovan Pala speaks five languages: English, German, Czech, Dutch and Slovak. He is a brilliant lawyer in labour and corporate law with more than 20 years of experience.’
Bratislavská vodárenská spoločnosť, a.s.
Romerius s. r. o.
GEZE Slovensko s.r.o.
Spin Master International B.V. Slovak Branch
Panasonic Industry Europe GmbH Slovak Branch
MANGO SLOVENSKO s.r.o.
DSSI International, LLC Slovak Branch
Prvá stavebná sporiteľňa, a. s.
Reporters of the national broadcasting company
C&A Logistics Nove Mesto s.r.o.
C & A Mode s.r.o.
dm drogerie markt, s.r.o.
ARVAL SLOVAKIA, s.r.o.
RICOH Slovakia s.r.o.
RSC Raiffeisen Service Center GmbH Slovak Branch
SATYS AIR LIVERY UK LTD Slovak Branch
GA Drilling, a. s.
LEGRAND Slovensko, s.r.o.
Heller Services s.r.o.
BRANTNER Slovakia s.r.o.
TPA TAX, k.s.
UNIVOLT – REMAT s.r.o.
NORDMANN RASSMANN GMBH
The City of Bratislava
Nakladatelství C.H. Beck, s.r.o. Slovak Branch
Danfoss Power Solutions a.s.
PORFIX – pórobetón, a.s.
- Advising Bloomreach Inc. on its acquisition of Exponea, a bespoke customer data platform and marketing automation provider.
- Advising Prvá stavebná sporiteľňa, a. s. mainly throughout the critical aspects of CRD IV remuneration of the identified (managerial) employees within the banking sector.
- Advised Spin Master International B.V. Slovak Branch on the activities of the trade union which started to operate at the company in June 2020. Helped the client negotiate terms of the trade union’s activities and assisted the client in connection with the exercise of inspections conducted by trade union.
‘Speed, quality, friendly approach.’
‘Interested in helping the client and doing things 100%.’
ZOO Bratislava – príspevková organizácia Hlavného mesta Slovenskej republiky Bratislavy
Všeobecná zdravotná poisťovňa
Bratislavská vodárenská spoločnosť
Ministerstvo hospodárstva Slovenskej republiky
Najvyšší kontrolný úrad Slovenskej republiky
Slovenská akadémia vied
BFF Central Europe
Banskobystrický samosprávny kraj
- Providing legal advice to Mesto Bratislava in a dispute arising from the development of the area surrounding the main railway station in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Taken over 13 litigations (some of them have a multimillion Euro value), in which the Slovak National Property Fund was the party. Also represent the client in a litigation with its former lawyers who were paid circa €21m (Bzan) and circa €11m (Dvorecky) on success fees.
- Representing Banskobystrický samosprávny kraj (Banská Bystrica Self-Governing Region) in two proceedings against public service operators (SAD Lučenec and SAD Zvolen). The legal dispute in these cases concerns the determination of whether a public transport contract between the client and a public service operator has been extended in accordance with the paragraph four of Article 4 of the Regulation 1370/2007.
Tatra Asset Management, správ. spol., a.s.
Cronos Invest j.s.a.
CENTRAL NIC GROUP PLC
Slovenská sporiteľňa, a.s. (member of the Erste Group)
- Advised Tatra Asset Management on its joint acquisition of Aupark together with WOOD & Company, the transaction leader from Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, including regulatory and compliance issues of the acquisition from the perspective of investment fund as well as on financing of the deal – Senior Facility to be provided by consortium of banks, and intra-group financing.
- Advised Bloomreach, the world’s leading Customer Data and Experience Platform, on its acquisition of Exponea, a customer data platform and marketing automation provider, through purchasing of all shares in the holding company of Exponea having subsidiaries in the USA, UK, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and UAE, including the financing of the transaction via US based investment firms.
- Advised the shareholders of Impulse Leasing on the divestment of their shareholdings in Slovak subsidiary to Tatra Leasing, including matters relating to the so-called prior-approval to be granted by the Slovak National Bank in the course of the contemplated transaction.
Silvia Hlavačková; Andrej Leontiev
dm drogerie markt
First Montana Industrial Properties s. r. o.
MANGO SLOVENSKO s.r.o.
City of Bratislava
PORFIX – pórobetón
GA Drilling, a. s
Taylor Wessing Slovakia > Firm Profile
The firm: Founded in 1986 and formerly known as e|n|w|c Attorneys at Law, Taylor Wessing CEE today is the CEE/SEE Competence Centre of Taylor Wessing, a leading international law firm with more than 1,200 lawyers working across 33 offices in 20 countries. Taylor Wessing is a full-service law firm, working with clients in the world’s most dynamic industries. The firm takes a single-minded approach to advising its clients, helping them succeed by thinking innovatively about their business issues. A focus on the industries of tomorrow has enabled Taylor Wessing to develop market-leading expertise in technology, media and communications, life sciences, private wealth and energy.
Taylor Wessing CEE has offices in Bratislava, Brno, Budapest, Kiev, Klagenfurt, Prague, Vienna and Warsaw and advises investors in Central and Eastern Europe from the initial stages of their projects onwards.Its lawyers all have international experience. Their familiarity with the rules of the game and the local cultures in these emerging markets play an important part in the success of the work for these clients. Taylor Wessing CEE is committed to providing its clients with top quality advice and service both on the basis of long-term relationships and in connection with individual legal projects. Teams of specialists deliver rapid and reliable legal and business advice.
International work: With eight offices in six CEE countries, Taylor Wessing CEE shows great competence in Central and Eastern Europe. An Italian Desk exists in Budapest, Kiev, Vienna and Warsaw. In addition, Taylor Wessing has a further 25 offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, and has particular expertise in advising clients in North America, Brazil and India.
|Banking and finance|
|Competition, EU and trade|
|Corporate, M&A and capital markets|
|Employment, pensions and mobility|
|Environmental, planning and regulatory|
|Real estate and construction|
|Restructuring and corporate recovery|
|JUDr Mag Jana Brezinová||Jana Brezinová is a senior associate and head of Real Estate &…||View Profile|
|Mgr Peter Demčák||Peter Demčák is a counsel in the Competition, EU & Trade team…||View Profile|
|JUDr Lenka Filipoiu||Lenka Filipoiu is a senior associate and a member of the Commercial…||View Profile|
|Mgr Juraj Frindrich||Juraj Frindrich is a partner and a member of the Corporate, M&A…||View Profile|
|Mgr Silvia Hlavačková||Silvia Hlavačková is a partner at Taylor Wessing Bratislava, Slovakia. Her core…||View Profile|
|JUDr Ján Lazur||Ján Lazur is a partner and a member of the IP/IT group…||View Profile|
|JUDr Andrej Leontiev||Andrej Leontiev is a partner at Taylor Wessing Slovakia and co-heads the…||View Profile|
|JUDr Radoslava Lichnovská||Radoslava Lichnovská is a senior associate and a member of the Employment,…||View Profile|
|JUDr Radovan Pala||Radovan Pala is a partner at Taylor Wessing Slovakia and co-heads the…||View Profile|
|Mgr Eva Smoleňová||Eva Smoleňová is a senior associate at Taylor Wessing Bratislava, Slovakia. She…||View Profile|
Staff FiguresNumber of lawyers : 116 at this office : 26
LanguagesCzech English French German Hungarian Italian Polish Russian Ukrainian
OtherContacts : Andrej Leontiev Contacts : Radovan Pala Other offices : Brno Other offices : Budapest Other offices : Kiev Other offices : Klagenfurt Other offices : Prague Other offices : Vienna Other offices : Warsaw
Press Releases30th November 2021 The Warsaw team of the international law firm Taylor Wessing provided comprehensive legal advice to MLP Group S.A., one of the leading developers of logistics and production space, in connection with the public offering of bonds for EUR 20 million and their introduction to trading on the alternative market Catalyst.
IT security in Germany: a jungle of lawsIntroduction Our society is becoming increasingly interconnected and digital. At the same time, cyberattacks are constantly increasing and headlines about successful cyberattacks appear in the media on a daily basis. In its latest report on the state of IT security in Germany, the Federal Cyber Security Authority (BSI) notes an overall increase in cyberattacks, as …
Germany: Franchise & Licensing
Published: September 2021
Authors: Dr. Benedikt Rohrßen Dr. Martin Rothermel Giorgia Carandente LL.M. (Eur) Dr. Ulrich Spiegel
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Franchise & Licensing laws and regulations that may occur in Germany.
United Kingdom: Private Client
Published: January 2022
Authors: Nick Warr Kunal Vyas Becky Bailes Benjamin Lister Gabriela Hristova
This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Private Client laws and regulations that may occur in United Kingdom.