Jonathan Croley > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Construcion & Infrastructure
Jonathan advises clients on energy projects (particularly in anaerobic digestion and biomass projects) on operation and maintenance contracts and feedstock contracts on energy projects. Jonathan also prepares and negotiates the commercial agreements required in order to implement estate succession planning schemes, as well as other businesses within the agriculture sector on various commercial issues. More recently Jonathan has been involved in advising a sponsor in the development of a number of battery projects.
Jonathan also advises public sector projects, such as advising local authorities which are procuring superfast broadband projects for their rural areas, academy conversions, and advising on in-term issues in the PFI/PPP concessions and outsourcings.
Jonathan has particular experience in advising on projects in the operational phase, advising on structuring issues and providing solutions to issues within the existing contractual relationships.
- Private companies: Advising the project companies on the maintenance, operation and feedstock provision for Anaerobic Digestion facilities sponsored by Ixora Energy Ltd and two funders. As at September July 2015, the projects are expected to produce c.18MW of energy (in terms of electricity production, gas exported to the national gas grid and thermal output) with a total capital value of c.£30 million.
- AgriBank plc: Advising the funder in respect of the feedstock provision, digestate offtake, operation and maintenance agreements relating to an anaerobic digestion facility located at a turkey farm.
- Pengelly Farm: Advising the landowner in respect of it obtaining of equity finance for its anaerobic digestion project in Cornwall, including advice on the associated feedstock provision and digestate offtake agreements and operation and maintenance agreement.
- Mount Farm: Advising the landowner in respect of it obtaining of equity finance for its anaerobic digestion project in Northern Ireland, including advice on the associated feedstock provision and digestate offtake agreements and operation and maintenance agreement.
- AWS Power Limited: Advising a sponsor on structuring a project relating to the roll-out of battery storage across a number of sites to serve a national supermarket.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Noted for its ‘very strong knowledge and practical working experience of the sector’, Ashfords LLP counts energy, waste and leisure amongst its core sectors. Project sponsors, lenders, and local authorities regularly seek out the practice’s expertise in regard to sustainability and decarbonisation projects. Brian Farrell heads the team, which is based across Exeter and Bristol, and specialises in the delivery and support of substantial energy generation and waste recourse management projects for both the public and private sector. Project finance and PFI transactions are part of Clare Brewer‘s advisory offering, while Mark Manning focuses on construction and infrastructure projects. Partner Jonathan Croley assists clients in the waste and energy sector and is praised for being ‘excellent at addressing difficult matters’. Carl Thompson, who fields extensive know-how in energy projects, joined the practice from Osborne Clarke LLP in early 2022.
- Rising stars - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Energy, project finance and PFI - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence