Clare Jackman > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Clare has over 28 years’ experience of managing national and international trade mark portfolios. Clare focuses on all aspects of UK, European and International brand protection and portfolio management involving strategy, clearance searching, filing, prosecution, IPO proceedings, watching and enforcement. Clare has considerable experience of managing large, multi-national filing and recordal projects, using technology to streamline the processes and drive efficiencies. She also handles design registration, advises in relation to copyright and aspects of commercial transactions.
Prior to joining Ashfords, Clare was Head of Trade Marks, UK, at leading global law firm, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP. Clare has advised and acted for clients in many different fields but has particular experience in the financial, insurance, energy, transport, media, technology, healthcare, retail and consumer brands sectors.
- Private company: Handling several global rebranding exercises involving trade mark clearance; developing a filing programme and pursuing applications through to registration.
- Consumer goods brand: Handling successful UK opposition proceedings through to a hearing in relation to a well-known consumer goods brand.
- Private company: Handling a large, multi-national trade mark assignment recordal programme in 174 jurisdictions and implementing a technical solution to streamline the whole project to drive efficiency and audit the portfolio records as part of the process.
- Private client: Preparing bespoke Power of Attorney terms for a client with particular governance requirements and implementing a technical solution to streamline the dissemination of instructions to overseas associates to seek approval and incorporation of the specific terms into their Powers of Attorney/Appointments of Agent.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Ashfords LLP has a broad intellectual property offering, providing comprehensive advice to clients on the management and commercial use of IP rights. The practice advises a sizeable client base on managing IP portfolios, assisting with the registration of IP rights across a range of jurisdictions; the team also handles opposition proceedings and prosecutions. The IP issues surrounding the development of new brands are another area of focus for the team. On the contentious side, the practice’s work includes handling claims of infringement and passing-off, opposition proceedings at the UK and EU level, and anti-counterfeiting actions. Carl Steele leads the team, with Clare Jackman another key name to note; both partners offer expertise in contentious and non-contentious IP.
- Intellectual property - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence