Mr Guan Huat Khoo > Skrine > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Level 8, Wisma UOA Damansara
50 JALAN DUNGUN, DAMANSARA HEIGHTS
50490 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Guan Huat Khoo
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Civil Litigation
- IP Litigation and Enforcement
- International Arbitration
Guan Huat is a litigator with over 30 years of experience. He commenced his legal career with the Attorney-General’s Chambers in 1987 and joined Skrine in 1993. He is frequently called upon to act as senior counsel both in the litigation and arbitration space in commercial and civil disputes. He has also acted as lead counsel for Johor and Kelantan State Governments in several proceedings taken against the state governments.
Guan Huat also advises both financial and non-financial institutions on regulatory and compliance matters.
He is an adjunct faculty member of The ICLIF Executive Education Centre (part of Asia School of Business – in collaboration with MIT Sloan Management) and regularly speaks on its behalf on corporate liability and corporate governance matters.
He was a member of the Malaysian delegation to the Arbitration Working Group at the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). The Arbitration Working Group’s efforts resulted in the revised UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules being published in 2010.
He is a member of the Panels of Conciliators and Arbitrators of the International Centre for Settlement of Disputes (ICSID) for the period from 2021 to 2027.
In 2008, he acted as counsel for a former Chief Justice in hearings conducted by a Royal Commission of Inquiry set up by the Malaysian government. Additionally, he has appeared as an expert witness on Malaysian law in several matters, including arbitration proceedings, in the United States and in Singapore.
English and Malay.
- Member (designated by Government of Malaysia), Panels of Arbitrators and Conciliators of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- Adjunct Faculty member, The ICLIF Executive Education Centre (part of Asia School of Business – in collaboration with MIT Sloan Management)
- Listed on the panel of arbitrators of the Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Panelist, Domain Name Dispute Resolution of the Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre and Asian International Arbitration Centre
- Lecturer, Faculty of Law, University of Malaya in the Certificate in Legal Practice course, 1990 to 2004
- Lecturer, the Law of International Trade in the LLM program in the University of Malaya in 1990
- Registered Foreign Lawyer (full registration), Singapore International Commercial Court
- Member, Board of Studies, Faculty of Law, University of Malaya (2015-present)
- Member, Compensation Committee (2009-2010), Listing Committee (2010-2011), Market Participants Committee (2011-2020), Bursa Malaysia
LL.B (Hons), University of Malaya; 1991, Advocate and Solicitor, High Court of Malaya.