Patrick Garner > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Partner, Real Estate - Construction
Patrick is a construction lawyer who has advised development clients on a broad range of non-contentious construction matters for over 15 years.
His recent project experience includes advising:-
- a major national developer on the acquisition and then the £1 billion remediation and redevelopment of a 1000 acre former oil refinery to create an urban village;
- on many town centre redevelopment projects including procurement advice and advice on the major infrastructure energy and utilities contracts and liaising with the public bodies, funding and acquiring assets at the relevant site;
- an international energy company on procurement of on-shore and off-shore wind farm projects and associated infrastructure contracts;
- on construction and environmental elements of a deal for the UK’s leading regeneration developer in its negotiations for the acquisition and development of 3500 acres of land in 3 counties;
- on the Turbine Supply Agreement for one of the world’s largest off shore wind farms;
- St. Modwen Properties Plc Group Companies on substantially all of its national development portfolios including distribution warehouses, head offices for international and national companies, major infrastructure projects and remediation projects.
Patrick joined Shoosmiths in May 2012 from Wragge & Co.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Praised for its ‘strength and depth in both contentious and non-contentious areas’, Shoosmiths LLP is primarily acclaimed for its work on commercial developments, logistics projects and PRS schemes. Practice head Patrick Garner is an expert in development finance, construction contracts and brownfield and regeneration projects while Ian Yule is the main contact for disputes, particularly those with a civil engineering and process plant element. Simon Colegate is a non-contentious specialist with a focus on contractual affairs while fellow principal associate, Michael Bennett, is well-regarded for coastal defence, railway, power plant and process plant disputes.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > Real estate > Construction
- Construction - West Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant