Mr Ko Luen Lam > Shook Lin & Bok > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shook Lin & Bok Offices
20TH FLOOR, AMBANK GROUP BUILDING
55 JALAN RAJA CHULAN
50200 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Ko Luen Lam
International & Domestic Arbitration, General & Civil Litigation
Ko Luen joined the firm in 1996 as an associate until 2000. He was subsequently admitted to the Sarawak Bar in 2001 and re-joined the firm as a partner in 2005. He is currently the Head of the firm’s Building, Construction & Engineering department and the Deputy Head of the International & Domestic Arbitration department.
Ko Luen specializes in the areas of International & Domestic Arbitration, Building & Construction Contract Disputes and General & Civil Litigation. He appears as counsel in court, arbitration and adjudication hearings. Ko Luen also sits as an arbitrator in arbitration proceedings and an adjudicator in adjudication proceedings.
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin
- Immediate Past President, The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb) (2015-2017)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators [UK]
- Fellow, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member of Panel of Arbitrators, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Member of Panel of Arbitrators, Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (MIArb)
- Member of Panel of Arbitrators, South China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (also known as Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration) (SCIA) (1.12.2015-30.11.2018)
- Member of Panel of Adjudicators, Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Member, ICC Malaysia Arbitration Working Committee (2011-current)
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- Member, Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) Working Committee for the Standard Conditions of Contract for Design & Build
- Member, Society of Construction Law (KL & Selangor) (SCL)
B.Comm. LL.B., Monash University
Shook Lin & Bok‘s dispute resolution practice has experience across a full range of litigation and arbitration. The group is jointly led by Sin Min Yoong — who is strong for banking and finance, land law and commercial litigation — and labour and industrial disputes expert Romesh Abraham. Ko Luen Lam focuses on arbitration, construction disputes, civil and corporate litigation. Former managing partner Nagarajah Muttiah left the practice to establish Nagarajah Advocates and Solicitors.