Mr Yushi Hegawa > Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu > Tokyo, Japan > Lawyer Profile
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu Offices
JP TOWER, 2-7-2 MARUNOUCHI
- Go to...
Mr Yushi Hegawa
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu (Tokyo, Japan)
Partner, specializing in taxation; tax advice and planning; tax controversy and litigation.
Bar of Japan (admitted in 1999), Bar of the State of New York (admitted in 2005); Alston & Bird LLP, Washington, D.C.(2004-2005); Partner of Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu since 2007; Teaching tax law as Professor of Law or Associate Professor of Law from 2007 through 2017.
Bar of Japan (1999)
Bar of the State of New York (2004)
Member of the Executive Committee of International Fiscal Association (IFA) Headquarters, and of the Board and the Management Committee of IFA Japan Branch
Member, Tax Section, International Bar Association (IBA)
Member and Past Vice Chair, Tax Committee, Inter-pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
Member, Commission of Taxation, International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
The University of Tokyo (LL.B., 1997), Harvard Law School (LL.M., 2004)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Bengoshi)
Covering the spectrum of services in the area, Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu has particular strengths in structured finance and trusts, taxation, general corporate and M&A, as well as advising on domestic and cross-border issues. Masayuki Fukuda is known for strength in trusts and inheritance work; he co-leads the team with expert in tax advice Yushi Hegawa . Another key name in the area is Yoshikazu Hasegawa , who has experience in Singapore matters.
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu’s tax team enters a new era following the promotion of Yushi Hegawa to head of the tax practice group. Well known for its high-profile tax litigation practice, the firm acts for an impressive roster of domestic and international clients in addition to non-contentious tax advisory services. Hegawa routinely advises on multi-jurisdictional corporate and commercial transactions, audits, and disputes, cancellations, and nullification orders. Also notable are Koichiro Yoshimura and Tsutomu Endo who focus on corporate transactions and M&A.
- Leading individuals: Bengoshi - Japan > Private wealth: Independent local firms
- Leading individuals: Bengoshi - Japan > Tax: Independent local firms
- Private wealth: Independent local firms - Japan
- Tax: Independent local firms - Japan
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: Independent local firms
- Banking and finance: Independent local firms
- Capital markets: Independent local firms
- Corporate and M&A: Independent local firms
- Dispute resolution: Independent local firms
- Intellectual property: Independent local firms
- Labour and employment: Independent local firms
- Private wealth: Independent local firms
- Projects and energy: Independent local firms
- Real estate and construction: Independent local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: Independent local firms
- Risk management and investigations: Independent local firms
- Tax: Independent local firms
- TMT: Independent local firms