Deborah Blythe > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Personal injury and clinical negligence
Partner specialising in clinical negligence and personal injury; main areas of practice are medical negligence, brain damage at birth, head injuries, fatal injuries, obstetric claims, gynaecology, cancer, cardiology, general surgery, dental claims, industrial disease claims, with particular interest in acting for victims of asbestos and mesothelioma; reported cases include: Darnley-v Croydon Health services NHS Trust, Chapman v Personal Representatives of the Estate of Dr Moss deceased; Yates v Worthing; Hutchinson v Epsom and St Helier Hospital NHS Trust; Rawlinson v North Essex Health Authority; Peters v University of Wales NHS Trust; Garth v MIB and Grant.
Articled DHP Levy & Co; qualified 1984; GL Hockfield & Co 1984-92; Evill and Coleman 1992; partner 1993; Evill and Coleman merged with Russell-Cooke 2005.
APIL; Law Society Personal Injury Panel; Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel. AVMA panel
St Angela’s RC School for Girls; East Anglia University (LLB).
London > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimantWithin: Leading individuals -
Russell-Cooke LLP offers representation to the full-range of individuals requiring legal services, advising adults from all walks of life as well as children who have been victims of medical negligence. Key areas of work include acting on claims concerning injuries sustained at the time of birth, head and spinal injuries, delays in treatment, misdiagnoses of sepsis and cancer, as well as dentistry, ophthalmology and orthopaedic injuries. Team leader Deborah Blythe acted in the landmark victory in the Supreme Court of Darnley v Croydon Hospital NHS Trust, which further defined the legal principle of the duty of care for non-medical staff and A&E departments.
London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
Russell-Cooke LLP has a strong record presenting the ‘very best cases for its clients‘. The team assists individuals who have sustained serious injuries, and occasionally attracts work where novel and interesting points of law are raised. Janice Gardner, whose personal injury legal experience spans nearly 25 years, supervises large multi-party actions as well as high-value cases involving psychiatric and criminal injury compensation claims, and those arising from road traffic accidents. Sarah Towler specialises in claims against local authorities, notably in relation to abused children. Deborah Blythe heads the team.
- Leading individuals - London > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Clinical negligence: claimant - London > Insurance
- Personal injury: claimant - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Immigration