Brent Wright > Osborne Clarke LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Osborne Clarke LLP Offices
2 TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Th team at Osborne Clarke LLP advise across the full spectrum of pension matters, and was reappointed to the Pension Protection Fund legal panel in February 2022. It is also renowned for its expertise in risk settlement work for defined benefit schemes. Jonathan Hazlett leads the practice; other key names include Paul Matthews and Brent Wright, who advised the Imperial Tobacco Pension Fund on its £1.8bn bulk purchase annuity pensioner buy-in with Standard Life, and Claire Rankin, who leads the firm’s ongoing advice to the trustees of the Senior plc Pension Plan.
In 2022, Osborne Clarke LLP‘s pensions department received a major boost, with the arrival of the Reading-based pensions team from BDB Pitmans, including former practice heads Chris Netiatis and David Hosford. The group provides a full service to employer and trustee clients, with substantial expertise in corporate restructuring ad insolvency issues, risk settlement and liability management work for defined benefit schemes, as well as a strong offering for public sector pension scheme work. Jonathan Hazlett heads the team from the firm’s offices in Bristol, and is an expert in corporate restructuring and M&A-related pensions work. Other key lawyers in Bristol include Paul Matthews, who has experience in advising on defined benefit scheme closures, as well as master trusts. Brent Wright is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail