Robbie Turner > Mills & Reeve LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
78-84 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Principal associate in a team of lawyers who help clients with the drafting and negotiation of all types of documentation for real estate transactions. The team works with everyone involved in the real estate sector – investors, developers, funders, borrowers and corporates – and have a strong track record in education, health and regeneration projects.
A particular focus for Robbie is the work that he carries out in the education sector. He advises universities and further education colleges on a wide range of property related matters and as part of the academies team he has helped advise on the formation and subsequent development and management of a number of academies spanning the length and breadth of the country.
Trainee solicitor Mills & Reeve 2004-2006; Associate 2006 -2010; Senior Associate 2010-2013; Principal Associate 2013
Wellington School, Somerset; University of Birmingham (LLB Law with German); Universität Bayreuth, Germany; University of Law (Legal Practice Course)
West Midlands > Public sector > Education
Mills & Reeve LLP, one of the most respected firms for work in the education sector, has recently been particularly busy advising universities and further education colleges on real estate matters such as transactions, developments and landlord and tenant issues. Christian Bull covers all real estate work in the education sector, often supported by principal associate Robbie Turner, while Stuart Pemble specialises in construction work. Other areas of expertise for the firm include The Higher Education & Research Act, the implications of Brexit, GDPR, and employment and commercial matters, which are handled by Tim Winn and Midlands education sector head Nick Abbott.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Property litigation