Mr Anam Hossain > Stellar Chambers > Dhaka, Bangladesh > Lawyer Profile
Stellar Chambers Offices
House- 18/A (Ground Floor)
Road No- 44
- Go to...
Mr Anam Hossain
Arbitration, Company Law, Constitutional Law, Corporate & Commercial Law, Energy Law, Mahomedan Law, Mergers and Acquisitions and Telecommunications Law.
Mr. Hossain is an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and is a Barrister of the Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn, UK. Prior to becoming a partner of Stellar Chambers, Mr. Hossain has worked for a significant period of time with the country’s best corporate and litigation firms. Such exposure to corporate and litigation works has garnered him with a perfect balance of experience in both. Having advised and represented large number of clients on a wide range of issues, Mr. Hossain has gained recognition and appreciation for his skills of immaculate legal advice, effective legal strategy and quick resolution of disputes.
Mr. Hossain is also a part-time faculty member of London College of Legal Studies (South), the leading institute and an Affiliated Centre of University of London providing various legal courses, including LL.B (Hons.), Bar Transfer Test, etc.
- Advised and provided legal opinions on issues of regulatory and compliance to multi-national companies and renowned organizations like Unilever Bangladesh Ltd., Nestle Bangladesh Ltd., Cisco Technology Bangladesh Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), Rolls Royce, Syngenta Bangladesh, World Bank, British American Tobacco (BAT), LM Ericsson Bangladesh Ltd., Heidelberg Cement Bangladesh Ltd., Huawei Techonological Co. (Bangladesh) Ltd., Marico Bangladesh Ltd., Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), Novartis Bangladesh Ltd., ACI Godrej Agrovet Pvt. Ltd., Bangla CAT, BATA, BRAC, KT Corporation, etc.;
- Provided legal opinions and conducted litigation on issues arising out of foreign investment, foreign remittance, import-export license, etc. to Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA), Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association (BKMEA), Korean EPZ Corporation (BD) Limited and their respective members;
- Advised on laws of banking and financial institution to Dhaka Bank, City Bank, Farmers Bank Ltd., Grameen Bank, National Bank Ltd., NRB Bank Ltd., Premier Bank Ltd., Uttara Bank, AB Bank, Dutch Bangla Bank Ltd. and Pubali Bank;
- Advised on aviation laws, securities law, debt recovery, company law to Emirates Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Biman Bangladesh Ltd. and International Air Transport Association (IATA);
- Advised on licensing requirements, incorporation, and operation issues to DuSai Hotel & Resorts Ltd., Hotel Dhaka Regency, Hotel Seagull, Sayeman Beach resort Ltd., Hotel Six Seasons Ltd., Golden Tulip, etc.
- Advised, conducted litigation and provided company secretarial services to some of the largest conglomerates in Bangladesh including Partex Group, Paradise Group, NASSA Group, Orion Group, Sikder Group, Summit Group, United Group, Aftab Group, Haque Group, etc. on a broad range of matters comprising company law, energy law, labour law, insolvency, mergers and acquisition, dispute resolution and constitutional law;
- Advised and conducted litigation on insurance laws, company law and competition law to MetLife Bangladesh Ltd., Chartered Life Insurance Co. Ltd., Nitol Insurance Company Ltd., Standard Insurance Ltd., etc.;
- Advised and conducted litigation on constitutional law for renowned public educational institutes including Dhaka University, Jessore University, Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology, etc.;
- Advised and conducted litigation on telecommunication laws, company law, securities law and labour law for Grameenphone Ltd., Banglalink Digital Communications Ltd., Robi Axiata Limited, Pacific Bangladesh Telecom Limited, Airtel Bangladesh Ltd., Edotco Bangladesh Company Limited, Grameen Telecom Ltd., WorldTel Bangladesh Ltd., Dhaka Telephone Co. Ltd.;
- Advised, assisted in incorporation and raising of capital for various start-up companies including Bondstein Technologies Ltd., Biniyog Fintech Ltd., iPage Bangladesh Ltd., Lenden Technologies Ltd., Debug Ltd., etc.;
- Regularly advises clients on family law matters including divorce and child custody;
- Jointly worked with several globally recognised international law firms including, Anderson Mori, Mori Hamada & Matsumoto, DLA Piper, Eversheds, FoxMandal, K&L Gates LLP, etc.;
**Disclaimer: Some of the works have been carried out under the guidance of a senior lawyer and as part of a team.
Bangla and English
Dhaka Bar Association
Supreme Court Bar Association
Barristers’ Association of Bangladesh
Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn
LL.B (Hons.), University of London International Programmes, UK
Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), City Law School, City University, UK
Called to the Bar of England and Wales by the Hon’ble Society of Lincoln’s Inn