Susan Brown > Boyes Turner > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Boyes Turner Offices
- Go to...
Partner and clinical negligence team leader, Susan Brown is recognised by all the major legal directories as one of the leading clinical negligence lawyers in the UK. A specialist in claimant, high value, brain injury and cerebral palsy cases, Susan combines the highest standards of professionalism, incisive astuteness and expertise gained from over 20 years of top tier clinical negligence litigation experience with outstanding compassion and empathy, earning her the respect and admiration of her colleagues, Counsel, medical experts and opponents and close and loyal relationships with her clients.
Susan joined Boyes Turner in 1992, having attained a first in her Law Society Finals at Guildford College of Law. She achieved partnership in 1998 and has worked exclusively on claimant medical negligence cases, specialising in birth trauma and cerebral palsy claims.
DIY, gardening, travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Boyes Turner, a ‘solid firm with a wealth of talent and experience’ has a strong offering for both personal injury and clinical negligence. Susan Brown leads the team alongside PI expert Kim Smerdon who has over twenty-five years of experience handling catastrophic injury cases. Key partner and experienced trial lawyer Richard Money-Kyrle handles high-value and complex cerebral palsy and neonatal brain injury matters, and is supported by Vanessa Wand and Julie Marsh, who comprise the medical negligence group. On the personal injury side, Claire Roantree is the contact for complex orthopaedic and musculoskeletal injury. Laura Magson heads up the mesothelioma and asbestos disease team and is highly rated by clients. She also acts for victims of road traffic accidents, including cyclists and pedestrians.
- Hall of Fame - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Leading individuals - South East > Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant - South East > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40