Lydia Dunford > Boyes Turner > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Boyes Turner Offices
- Go to...
Lydia Dunford is a Solicitor in Boyes Turner’s Education team. She has a sound knowledge base of SEN legal issues and the SEND appeal process. She represents clients at the SEND Tribunal, including Health and Social Care national trial appeals, and has had positive outcomes in all hearings, often exceeding clients’ expectations. Lydia has experience of complex appeals and case manages them from beginning to end, securing significant packages of education and social care support.
Lydia has previously undertaken work experience in law firms advising on SEND. After securing a 2:1 in her law (LLB Hons) degree, and passing the LPC whilst working part-time, Lydia worked as a paralegal and subsequently completed her training contract at a South West firm, focussing on education law. She moved to a national law firm, again in education law, before moving to Boyes Turner following qualification.
Lydia is a member of both the Law Society and Education Law Association.
The education team at Boyes Turner is headed up by Laxmi Patel in Reading. She founded the department in 2014 and has a notable focus on special educational needs (SEN). The team is known for providing ‘a compassionate yet commercial offering’ and ‘an exceptional service in appealing education, health and care plans’. The team also includes associate Rachael Allison, SEN specialist Rachel Baxter and solicitor Lydia Dunford; together, they regularly work together on a range of sensitive and complex cases.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40