Hazar El-Chamaa > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Immigration, education, private wealth
Hazar is a partner in the London immigration team and heads the private wealth immigration offering at Penningtons Manches.
She advises high net worth individuals looking to relocate to the UK and is also recognised for her expertise in the education sector. Her clients include universities, independent schools and large private education providers, who she advises on all aspects of compliance, risk management, restructuring and business strategies. Hazar is also experienced in providing global immigration solutions to large multinational organisations from a wide range of sectors including retail; sports; entertainment and technology. She advises on immigration, citizenship and EU law, appeals, judicial review applications and challenges to Home Office decisions which affect sponsors.
Hazar is a frequent speaker on immigration law and gives training on compliance with sponsorship licence duties under Tier 4 and Tier 2 as well as with prevention of illegal working legislation. She is an elected trustee of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) and has provided training for ILPA; the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) and the Boarding Schools Association.
Qualified 2006; trainee solicitor, Bartram & Co Solicitors 2004-06; joined Penningtons Manches on qualifying in November 2006; Partner 2016 to date.
Arabic and French
Immigration Law Practitioners Association, Trustee and liaison for the Economic Working Group.
Pimlico School, London; Kingston University (Bachelors of Laws and French Law with Honours); University College London (Master of Laws with Honours); University of Law (Legal Practice Course).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s business immigration team works with corporates, start-ups, investors, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals, and while it has a particular focus on the education sector, it is also adept at advising clients across the retail, finance, sports, technology, creative and private wealth sectors. It works closely with the firm’s corporate, commercial and employment teams to provide a thorough service for its clients, and is regularly engaged on crisis management advice to businesses and education sector clients when sponsor licences are under threat. The team provides various university clients and multinational corporations with support for EU national employees. The team also offers specialist human rights, appeals and overstay advice where it advises on complex applications and cases involving surrogacy and adoption. Department head Pat Saini is ‘very experienced‘ and is strong in the education sector. Saini is ably supported by Hazar El-Chamaa, who heads the firm’s private wealth immigration team. Senior associate May Cheung and associate Adam Cotterill are also recommended.
The multi-disciplinary education team at Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP is regularly instructed by leading UK universities and other higher education institutions on a number of matters pertaining to commercial property concerns, joint venture agreements, contracts and litigation. The group led by Gemma Woodhouse combines specialist employment and immigration expertise; immigration specialist Pat Saini and head of private wealth immigration Hazar El-Chamaa are both recommended. Corporate partner Simon Bickerdike advises on multi-jurisdictional transactions and projects, and also handles merger-related matters.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s education team combines cross-departmental expertise in immigration, employment, commercial property and governance to advise clients on a wide spectrum of matters, including safeguarding and child protection as well as discrimination issues. Jointly led by Gemma Woodhouse, Hilary Aldred and Daff Richardson, the team has experience in assisting high-profile clients with historic abuse issues and defending against claims arising from this. Other key team members include immigration specialists Pat Saini and Hazar El-Chamaa.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Human resources > Immigration
- Education: institutions - London > Public sector
- Education: schools - London > Public sector
- Immigration - London > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Court of protection
- Human resources > Employment: employees/unions
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: hotels and leisure
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Human resources > Immigration
- Transport > Travel