Hazar El-Chamaa > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
125 WOOD STREET
- Go to...
Immigration, education, private wealth
Hazar is a partner in the London immigration team and heads the private wealth immigration offering at Penningtons Manches.
She advises high net worth individuals looking to relocate to the UK and is also recognised for her expertise in the education sector. Her clients include universities, independent schools and large private education providers, who she advises on all aspects of compliance, risk management, restructuring and business strategies. Hazar is also experienced in providing global immigration solutions to large multinational organisations from a wide range of sectors including retail; sports; entertainment and technology. She advises on immigration, citizenship and EU law, appeals, judicial review applications and challenges to Home Office decisions which affect sponsors.
Hazar is a frequent speaker on immigration law and gives training on compliance with sponsorship licence duties under Tier 4 and Tier 2 as well as with prevention of illegal working legislation. She is an elected trustee of Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) and has provided training for ILPA; the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) and the Boarding Schools Association.
Qualified 2006; trainee solicitor, Bartram & Co Solicitors 2004-06; joined Penningtons Manches on qualifying in November 2006; Partner 2016 to date.
Arabic and French
Immigration Law Practitioners Association, Trustee and liaison for the Economic Working Group.
Pimlico School, London; Kingston University (Bachelors of Laws and French Law with Honours); University College London (Master of Laws with Honours); University of Law (Legal Practice Course).
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The immigration group at Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP is particularly recommended for its work for education and technology client, sectors where practice head Pat Saini has a strong reputation; she also has extensive experience in UK-India relations. The team provides audit and compliance services and advises schools and study abroad providers seeking to set up in the UK. Associate May Cheung provides corporate immigration advice and handles sponsor compliance audits. On the private client side, Hazar El-Chamaa heads the firm’s private wealth immigration offering, with a practice focused on complex investor and nationality applications. Adam Cotterill specialises in private and family immigration, including human rights claims, international surrogacy and adoption.
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP is a well-known name among universities, for whom it handles banking and finance, dispute resolution and employment law work. Led by the ‘outstanding‘ Daff Richardson in Oxford, the practice has a niche reputational management sub-group, which assists clients with student-related issues and social media matters. In Cambridge, Hilary Aldred is a go-to for advice on contentious and non-contentious employment issues. Also recommended are immigration head Pat Saini and Hazar El-Chamaa, who advise London-based universities on student visa matters.
At Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP, the education group has a wide offering spanning areas such as employment, data privacy and data protection, immigration and corporate governance. The firm also has a specialist safeguarding sub-group that acts for schools and individuals in contentious student issues and historical abuse. The practice is jointly led by Hilary Aldred, Daff Richardson and Reading-based Gemma Woodhouse. Pat Saini and Hazar El-Chamaa are also recommended.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Employment > Immigration
- Education: institutions - London > Public sector
- Education: schools - London > Public sector
- Immigration - London > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Employment > Employee/unions
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Senior executives
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Transport > Shipping
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Insurance > Product liability: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Employment > Employers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: local authorities and registered providers
- Employment > Immigration
- Transport > Travel