Susanne Matthissen > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Employment & Immigration
Susanne is an Associate in our Employment & Immigration team. She advises on both contentious and non-contentious aspects of employment law, as well as all aspects of information law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
She advises a range of clients from individuals to family owned businesses and third sector organisations, local authorities and large private companies.
Susanne undertakes employment aspects of corporate transaction work, including employment due diligence, drafting employment contracts, director service agreements and consultancy agreements, advising on TUPE and the employment related aspects of the transaction documents.
As well as our work with employers, Susanne is also involved in advising individuals. This work includes advising individuals on disputes in the workplace and in employment tribunal claims, which includes guidance on disciplinary and grievance processes, negotiating exit packages and legal advice on the terms of settlement agreements.
Susanne assists both public and private sector clients in advising on their legal obligations on information law legislation and providing practical assistance in relation to any requests made under GDPR and FOIA.
Susanne can also help with information law compliance planning and implementation, undertaking data audits, as well as designing and delivering workshops and bespoke in-house training for clients and their staff in relation to GDPR and FOIA.
- Associate, Capital Law Limited (Nov 2020 – present)
- Solicitor, Capital Law Limited (Feb 2016 – Oct 2020)
- Solicitor (NQ), Gabb & Co. Solicitors (Sept 2015 – Feb 2016)
- Trainee Solicitor with seats in Dispute resolution, Corporate and Banking and Employment, Hugh James (Sept 2013 – Sept 2015)
- Senior case manager in Nursing Care team, Hugh James (Nov 2013 – Sept 2013)
The Law Society of England and Wales
The Employment Lawyers’ Association.
- Cardiff University: Diploma in Legal Practice (2010 – 2011)
- Swansea University: LLB Law (2004 – 2007)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing