Chris Evans > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
Chris Evans is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team.
Chris is a commercial litigator working with clients across a number of sectors. His work ranges from providing commercial, solution focused advice to clients involved in potential contract disputes, to advising and representing clients in high value court and arbitral proceedings.
Chris has particular experience of complex contract disputes and financial claims, intellectual property claims, professional negligence claims and insolvency related matters. He also regularly advises on contentious and non-contentious Companies Act claims including schemes of arrangement and reductions of capital.
Hanne & Co 2006 to 2008; Starr & Partners LLP 2008 – 2014; Lester Aldridge 2014 – Present
University of York: BA History, MA Comparative Politics,
Bournemouth University: GDL
College of Law: LPC
Lester Aldridge LLP has ‘a realistic commercial approach coupled with careful legal analysis’ and is ‘always working towards practical solutions’. The practice excels in the marine, defence and financial sectors and is also active in regulatory issues and insolvency procedures. The team is also regularly involved in claims with an international aspect, particularly proceedings involving Europe or the US. Bournemouth-based department head Chris Evans is often instructed in Part 8 Companies Act claims and insolvency mandates, while Michael Veal, who is also qualified in the Republic of Ireland, specialises in fraud issues and emergency relief applications; and Edward Foster handles asset recovery and commercial lending issues.
Lester Aldridge LLP continues to handle negligence claims against a range of insured professionals, including surveyors, auditors, accountants and solicitors. The team represents private individuals as well as companies, liquidators and creditors in these disputes. The ‘technically excellent’ Chris Evans leads the team and the overall dispute resolution practice. Other names to note in the team include Kate Stewart, who focuses on claims related to property transactions, and Michael Veal, who provides clients with ‘very sound legal analysis’.
- Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Dispute resolution
- Professional negligence - South West > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation