Peter Kaye > Kuit Steinart Levy LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Kuit Steinart Levy LLP Offices
3 ST MARY'S PARSONAGE
- Go to...
Peter is a senior lawyer in our commercial disputes team.
Areas of Expertise
Peter has specialised in commercial dispute resolution for over 34 years.
He has acted in many high value and complex commercial disputes as well as acting on many smaller cases where perhaps issues of principle are paramount.
Whilst predominantly acting for corporate entities he regularly acts for individuals.
His areas of expertise comprise:
- Complex contractual disputes
- Shareholder and Partnership disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Estate and Probate disputes
- Property and Boundary disputes
Whilst Peter is a firm believer in the benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and in particular Mediation he is always ready and willing to proactively pursue proceedings through to trial. In particular, he recently progressed a case successfully through to a 12 day trial in the High Court.
Throughout his career Peter prides himself of trying to find practical, commercial and cost effective solutions to his cases wherever possible. In this day and age where costs issues are at the forefront of his clients mind he is always conscious of looking at all litigation funding options.
Peter has for many years been very active in working with firms of international lawyers from all over the world on cross border issues.
Peter joined Kuits in May 2018 having been head of dispute resolution for a national law firm.
To learn more about Kuits please click here.
Qualified in 1985
National law firm 1998-2019
Peter is a is a member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association (PNLA).
The specialist probate and trust team at Kuit Steinart Levy LLP deals with challenges to the validity of wills, disappointed beneficiary claims, and Inheritance Act 1975 claims. Practice head Peter Kaye is a key contact regarding high-value contentious trust and probate matters. Associate Richard Wilson specialises in litigation regarding the validity of wills. Paul Bricknell advises on contentious trust and estate matters, especially pertaining to family business succession.
The ‘exceptional litigators‘ at Kuit Steinart Levy LLP primarily act on complex contractual and shareholder disputes, professional negligence cases, and product liability claims; over the course of the pandemic, the team has also witnessed a sharp increase in business interruption insurance work. Bruce Jones, Peter Kaye and Damian Bailey are the key names at leadership level, while Phillip Warburton is a recommended senior associate.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Commercial litigation: Manchester - North West > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Employment: employee/union firms
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction