Laura Harper > Irwin Mitchell > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
One St Peter’s Square
- Go to...
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Irwin Mitchell’s media and entertainment team advises global broadcasters, publishers and artists on projects relating to the television, interactive media and communications law space. The practice is also active in thought leadership projects in the north west. Laura Harper heads the team, with considerable experience acting for television production companies as well as clients in the video games and music industries, respectively.
Irwin Mitchell handles a diverse range of IP work for clients, including copyright, trade marks, patents and design issues. Practice head Laura Harper leads the team and is recognised for her work advising clients within the creative industries and digital sectors on complex IP matters.
Irwin Mitchell‘s practice has been growing rapidly since its formation in 2017, providing ever more complex transactional and project management advice to a growing roster of clients; the firm’s highly regarded expertise in the media and creative industries has aided this development. Victoria Zivkovic and Adam Kaucher ‘work exceptionally well as a team‘ to lead on the corporate side. Laura Harper, who oversees the commercial offering, was recently joined by Suzanne Thompson, formerly of Bromleys Solicitors LLP.
Irwin Mitchell is a go-to firm for media clients from various sectors, representing both companies such as Firespite, Flourish Management, and talent, including Lady Leshurr and HRVY. Deeply embedded in the creative community, practice co-head Laura Harper focuses her practice in Manchester on interactive entertainment studios. Fellow co-head Aurelia Butler-Ball has recently made partner and continues to be a key figure in growing the firm’s client list. In a recent highlight she advised Stabl on its negotiations with Spotify. Thomas Barnard is also noted.
- Leading individuals - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Media and entertainment - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property