Lisa Gilligan > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Lisa is a highly experienced regulatory solicitor and advocate. She specialises in licensing and in broader complimentary regulatory areas including Health & Safety, Trading Standards and Food Safety/Labelling.
Lisa is an accomplished advocate, regularly appearing before a wide range of tribunals including Magistrates Courts and licensing committees nationwide.
She also acts for local authorities in relation to regulatory prosecutions, appearing at Magistrates Courts on their behalf. Acting for local authorities in this way to provide advocacy support allows Lisa unique and valuable experience of both sides of the enforcement fence.
Lisa is recognised as an “Elite Leading Lawyer” in Licensing by The Legal 500.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP has a strong track record advising on licensing issues and has been further developing its presence in trading standards and health and safety. It is increasingly sought out to provide clients with food labelling advice. The team is particularly well-known for its work for supermarkets on a range of matters. Reflective of its first-rate reputation in this space, the firm counts Aldi as a longstanding client. Elsewhere, other key clients include Carlsberg, NEC and Laine Pub Company. Practice head Lisa Gilligan, who is ‘pragmatic‘ and ‘exceptionally knowledgeable‘, is regularly asked to act as a legal clerk to licensing committees.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Licensing - East Midlands > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment