Will Richmond-Coggan > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5000 OXFORD BUSINESS PARK SOUTH
- Go to...
Dispute Management / Commercial
Will is a Director specialising in data protection advice, both contentious and non-contentious. Will advises a range of clients from large multi-nationals looking to ensure that their UK/EU operations are compliant with the requirements of GDPR while integrating with their worldwide activities, through to start ups particularly working in the deep tech fields like AI, facial recognition and big data applications.
As a nationally recognised expert on GDPR and data protection matters, Will has established a broad practice servicing clients across the UK, as well as having considerable experience in advising clients based in the US/Canada and in the Far East. He provides strategic advice to help clients to build products and services around the concepts of data protection by design, supports clients with their transformation or compliance audit activities, and represents clients in contentious matters up to and including at Court in appropriate circumstances.
Will’s broader disputes work encompasses a range of commercial technology disputes. He has acted for national and international hardware and software companies in litigating over misuse of their information; breaches of contract and diversion of business and for smaller clients in some ground-breaking litigation around social media litigation.
Called to the Bar 2000 (Lincoln’s Inn), 2MCB chambers (2000-2002), Fladgate Fielder (solicitors) 2002-2007, Pitmans solicitors 2007-2018, Joined Freeths LLP in January 2019
Solicitors Association of Higher Courts Advocates
University of Oxford, Jurisprudence
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Freeths LLP advises SMEs, large multinational companies and insurance companies on contractual and commercial disputes in sectors including technology, retail, construction, logistics and education. Its client base spans Oxfordshire and beyond. The team also acts for individuals involved in shareholder or partnership disputes. The practice is led by Duncan Crine, who became an accredited civil and commercial mediator in 2019 and has vast experience in professional negligence and warranty disputes. Will Richmond-Coggan, who joined the firm in 2019, provides expertise in data protection and related issues.
- Next Generation Partners - South East > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery