Nigel Roots > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5000 OXFORD BUSINESS PARK SOUTH
- Go to...
Nigel advises a broad range of domestic and international clients. His work is for individuals, institutions and several landed estates. He advises on complex tax and trust planning; trust management and modification both onshore and offshore, complex estate administrations; literary estates; heritage property; charity matters and court of protection issues. Nigel is joint head of Family Wealth for Freeths LLP. He is a trustee of many substantial trusts and works closely with private Family Offices. Nigel acts as a Court appointed independent administrator and Judicial Trustee in disputed trust and probate matters. Nigel lectures widely on tax and trust matters.
Qualified 1989. Partner with Morrell Peel and Gamlen, then Boodle Hatfield. Partner in Henmans (now Freeths) since 2003.
Charity Law Association; Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners; Law Society Private Client Section.
University of Wales (LLB Hons).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP advises both South East-based and national charities on issues such as commercial and corporate negotiations, real estate issues, fundraising and partnership arrangements. Practice leader Nigel Roots is known for his work on literary estates and heritage property. Managing partner Sarah Foster acts on disputed trusts and the removal of executors and trustees, while Lesley Pollock advises on complex property transactions for charities.
Freeths LLP handles a full range of private client matters in an ‘efficient, reliable and discreet‘ manner. Nigel Roots specialises in acting as a trustee of complex inter-generational wealth structures, with a particular emphasis on trust reorganisations for wealthy business-owning families and historic landed estates. Roots leads the practice along with Sarah Foster, who defends claims made against legal professionals with a trust or probate element. Jane Maitland advises high net worth individuals, company directors, farmers, academics and authors on estate planning. Director Lisa Mark-Bell is ‘all one could hope for in a family solicitor‘.
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Private client
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery