Nigel Roots > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5000 OXFORD BUSINESS PARK SOUTH
- Go to...
Nigel advises a broad range of domestic and international clients. His work is for individuals, institutions and several landed estates. He advises on complex tax and trust planning; trust management and modification both onshore and offshore, complex estate administrations; literary estates; heritage property; charity matters and court of protection issues. Nigel is joint head of Family Wealth for Freeths LLP. He is a trustee of many substantial trusts and works closely with private Family Offices. Nigel acts as a Court appointed independent administrator and Judicial Trustee in disputed trust and probate matters. Nigel lectures widely on tax and trust matters.
Qualified 1989. Partner with Morrell Peel and Gamlen, then Boodle Hatfield. Partner in Henmans (now Freeths) since 2003.
Charity Law Association; Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners; Law Society Private Client Section.
University of Wales (LLB Hons).
South East > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP advises local and national charities on a broad range of issues such as commercial and corporate negotiations, real estate compliance, aspects of GDPR on fundraising efforts and partnership arrangements. Nigel Roots is the key advisor for tax and trust planning, trust management and charity law. Sarah Foster acts on contentious matters and Lesley Pollock advises on real estate matters. Sarah Bownman joined Shoosmiths LLP in February 2018, Robert Nieri departed to Brabners LLP in September 2018.
South East > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Freeths LLP provides ‘excellent’ and ‘well-balance’ assistance to a wide range of clients including high-net-worth individuals, estate owners and family businesses. Areas of expertise include complex contentious and non-contentious probate and trust work, Court of Protection and wealth planning, often with a cross-border element. Nigel Roots and Jane Maitland are particularly well known for their work in managing complex inter-generational wealth structures for private individuals. Sarah Foster represents individuals, executors/trustees and charities in disputes arising out of wills, estates and trusts. Lisa Mark-Bell is also recommended for the management of trusts.
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 - South East > Private client
- Charities and not-for-profit - South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Human resources > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40