Tom Burgess > Freeths LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
5700 Oxford Business Park South
- Go to...
Tom specialises in family law and his focus is on helping you to reach an amicable agreement quickly, constructively and cost-effectively. He does this by working with you to find the best approach – whether it’s advising as you seek to reach an agreement yourself; or by going through mediation, or negotiating on your behalf.
When going to court is the only option, Tom has extensive experience of contested court proceedings. Tom is a family lawyer primarily based in our Oxford office, but also works from our Milton Keynes office and is able to meet with clients there.
Tom is a member of Resolution, a family law professionals’ group committed to resolving family disputes in a constructive, non-confrontational way that puts the best interests of the children first.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Gavin Scott heads up Freeths LLP family offering out of Oxford, having joined from Stowe Family Law LLP in August 2022. Praised for being ‘exceptionally hardworking and providing a great service to his clients’, Scott’s caseload includes highly complex and cross-border child cases, alongside financial matters. The team is known for its expertise in matters involving overseas assets and pensions, and for particular knowledge in fertility and surrogacy law – Tom Burgess is a key name here. Joanne Thomas is another important port of call for financial remedy work.
- Rising stars South East > Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 South East > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery