Guy Winfield > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of the Real Estate team in Nottingham specialising in commercial development (town centre, retail and industrial) as well as residential development, property investment and property finance. Guy also leads the team acting for one of the UK’s leading gym operators.
“Clients comment that he provides a best in class service with the ability to respond to matters very quickly, accurately and efficiently and has a skill of thinking laterally and “outside the box” often keeping deals alive and finding solutions to problems that would otherwise make a deal not happen”
Trained Freeths LLP; qualified 2003; partner 2011 to date.
Loughborough Grammar School; Magdalene College, Cambridge University (1999 MA (Cantab))
Tottenham Hotspur fan, keen (but poor!) golfer and a general fan of the great outdoors.
Freeths LLP provides a full-service offering to clients, which includes property finance, residential conveyancing, licensing, and assistance with all stages of regeneration projects and commercial and residential developments. Darren Williamson specialises in portfolio sales and acquisitions, predominantly in the food and retail sectors. Jon Smart focuses on commercial development and funding, areas in which he acts for investors, developers, landowners and occupiers. Guy Winfield is retained by major clients on an ongoing basis in relation to large-scale projects. Most notably, he recently advised Travis Perkins on around 200 assignments of leases. James Clamp and Janet Rhodes are also names to note.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment