Guy Winfield > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of the Real Estate team in Nottingham specialising in commercial development (town centre, retail and industrial) as well as residential development, property investment and property finance. Guy also leads the team acting for one of the UK’s leading gym operators.
“Clients comment that he provides a best in class service with the ability to respond to matters very quickly, accurately and efficiently and has a skill of thinking laterally and “outside the box” often keeping deals alive and finding solutions to problems that would otherwise make a deal not happen”
Trained Freeths LLP; qualified 2003; partner 2011 to date.
Loughborough Grammar School; Magdalene College, Cambridge University (1999 MA (Cantab))
Tottenham Hotspur fan, keen (but poor!) golfer and a general fan of the great outdoors.
Freeths LLP‘s real estate practice spans site acquisitions, planning issues, portfolio management work and commercial and residential developments. The bulk of the team is based in Nottingham and includes a notable number of specialist partners: Jon Smart is a specialist in the care sector who also advises on outlet shopping development projects; Darren Williamson handles portfolio transfers; and practice head Guy Winfield focuses on developments. The group also has a Derby presence, primarily through Janet Rhodes, who acts as the office’s managing partner. James Clamp departed in January 2021 to take up an in-house role, while residential development and social housing specialist Matthew Grocock joined gunnercooke LLP in late 2020.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate