Simon Barker > Freeths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
3RD FLOOR, THE COLMORE BUILDING
20 COLMORE CIRCUS, QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Member and Head of Intellectual Property.
Simon is an intellectual property lawyer based in Birmingham. Qualified since 2000, he has many years’ experience in advising business on intellectual property related matters; covering trade marks, patents, designs, copyright and confidential information.
A seasoned litigator of intellectual property disputes, Simon leads a team that is focussed on resolving disputes by keeping in mind the commercial objectives while ensuring there is understanding of all possible outcomes.
Specialised with a team of dedicated lawyers, Simon’s practice is holistic. He offers intellectual property well-being with a fully integrated service that is necessary for efficient management and effective enforcement of intellectual property rights.
Simon has acted in numerous cases before the UK courts, at the UK Intellectual Property Office and at the EU Intellectual Property Office. He has also appeared before the General Court in Luxembourg.
Qualified 2000; assistant solicitor Browne Jacobson; associate and senior associate Martineau (Birmingham); partner Freeths 2011.
BSc (Hons) Lond. Chemistry; Nottingham Trent University (Post-graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property).
Squash, sailing, gym.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP is known for handling all types of intellectual property disputes, as well as its trade mark and brands practice, featuring three qualified trade mark attorneys. The team represents a number of notable clients, like Aldi, Travis Perkins and Poundland. Simon Barker leads the team and has strong expertise in IP litigation and advertising and marketing advice. Iona Silverman leads the non-contentious IP practice, while Kishan Pattni heads up the reputation management practice.
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property - West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the West Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Property litigation