Liz Palmer > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Liz Palmer provides clients with comprehensive, commercial, and tax-driven private wealth planning advice to achieve succession without dispute. She leads the Private Wealth sector and Private Client and Family teams.
Liz advises wealthy families, entrepreneurs, and property investors on inheritance tax mitigation and the effective devolution of family wealth.
She has particular expertise acting for non-UK resident/domiciled individuals and specialises in the creation of off shore trusts and complex asset structuring for high-net-worth individuals.
Her practice regularly involves cross-border succession planning for international clients who have personal and business assets all over the world. Her expertise extends to dealing with complexities of digital estates.
Liz deals with all forms of inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning and also advises on wills and estate planning particularly for clients with interests and connections with the US.
She has significant experience advising clients about succession, protection of family businesses and devising family governance.
Liz is a solicitor and chartered tax adviser (member of Chartered Institute of Taxation).
Liz Palmer leads a ‘very experienced’ team at Howard Kennedy LLP that advises wealthy families, entrepreneurs, property owners and artists/performers about how to manage family wealth across the generations. Simon Malkiel heads the trusts, tax and estate planning team. John Annetts is another key member of the group who heads the administration of estates team. It has been adding to the ranks at a senior level too with the addition of Melissa Doorman who provides family governance advice to families and their businesses. Reshmi Manekporia is particularly recognised for her experience in Sharia-based wealth planning.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport