Gerrard Tyrrell > Harbottle & Lewis LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Harbottle & Lewis LLP Offices
7 Savoy Court
- Go to...
Media and litigation group
Senior partner and head of media and information group; specialising in IP, defamation, confidence, and media sport and commercial litigation; legal counsel for numerous global household names.
Qualified 1981; partner, Harbottle & Lewis, 1984
University of Bristol (1978 LLB)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Harbottle & Lewis LLP‘s media and information group is headed by ‘grandee of the industry‘ Gerrard Tyrrell , and is best known for its representation of all senior members of the Royal Family including HM The Queen. The firm lays its focus on claimant work and advises a spectacular client list on preventing publication of private information such as allegations concerning family life, medical history and business interests. On top of that, the ‘proactive and innovative‘ team acts for high-profile business individuals in relation to the processing and publication of inaccurate personal data in relation to a number of prominent risk databases. The ‘very quick‘ John Kelly is an expert in working with FTSE 100 companies, investment funds and charities. The team is also praised for its ‘exceptional‘ associates: ‘Strategic‘ associate Natasha Hibbert is building her practice in information and reputation protection; another name to note is senior associate Louise Prince, who advises corporate clients as well as a large number of phone hacking victims. Jo Sanders left the team to become the UK head of reputation management at Withers LLP.
Harbottle & Lewis LLP has notable expertise in the technology, media and entertainment sectors acting for a client roster, which includes The Pokémon Company International, Comic Relief, the Harry Potter Theatrical Production and Virgin. The team handles contentious and non-contentious mandates and takes a cross-departmental approach utilising the commercial, employment and litigation teams. Sacha Wilson also enhances the firm’s strength in the data privacy aspects of marketing, adtech and digital media. Daniel Tozer leads the technology and data practice and focuses on commercial data protection. Senior partner Gerrard Tyrrell leads the group’s contentious work and John Kelly regularly acts for private individuals.
- Leading individuals - London > Risk advisory > Reputation management
- Reputation management - London > Risk advisory
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity - London > Risk advisory
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers