Dr Daniel Emch > Kellerhals Carrard > Berne, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Kellerhals Carrard Offices
- Go to...
Dr Daniel Emch
- Competition and antitrust law
- Corporate and M&A Transactions
- General commercial and contract law
Dr. iur., LL.M., Attorney at Law, Partner
- Since 2012: Partner of Kellerhals Carrard Berne
- 2006-2011: Associate with Kellerhals Berne
- 2002-2003: Assistant teacher at the Institute of Economic Law of the University of Berne
- 2001-2002: law clerk at a district court
- 1998: Secretariat of the Swiss Competition Commission
- Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.
- Expert Group Competition Law of the Swiss Bar Association
- Vice President of the Expert Group Competition Law of the Bernese Bar Association
- 2006: Dr. iur., “summa cum laude”, University of Berne
- 2005: LL.M., London School of Economics LSE
- 2000: lic. iur., “magna cum laude”, University of Berne
The TMT practice of Kellerhals Carrard is jointly headed by Daniel Alder, Daniel Emch and Nicolas Mosimann and acts in contentious and non-contentious matters with a focus on businesses’ IT strategies, including the IT aspects of due diligence on transactions and joint ventures. Clients include a broad variety of companies, from internet service providers and telecommunication companies to manufacturers of technological components as well as numerous tech start-ups that benefit from the firm’s dedicated start-up desk.
Kellerhals Carrard covers a wide range of competition law matters, from merger control filings, compliance audits and compliance trainings to the representation of clients in cartel and abuse of dominance investigations before the Swiss Competition Commission. Appeal procedures against decisions of the Commission before the competent courts are also handled. Daniel Emch and Christophe Rapin direct the practice.
Kellerhals Carrard has a large regional coverage through offices in various Swiss cities as well a comprehensive service offering across a broad spectrum of practice areas. In particular, the team provides adept advice on M&A transactions, contentious proceedings and investigations as well as sports, and capital markets matters. Managing partner Dominik Oberholzer is the key contact in the Berne office. Christoph Jäger, Daniel Emch, Thomas Eichenberger, Claudia Götz Staehelin and Cornelia Stengel are also noted.
The intellectual property practice of Kellerhals Carrard is headed by Daniel Alder, Daniel Emch, Nicolas Mosimann and Stefano Perucchi, and provides advice regarding all types of IP, including patents, copyright, trade marks, designs, know-how and trade secrets. The unit is lauded for its ‘competence, reactivity and fairness‘ in contract negotiations which often regard distribution strategies, including license and franchise agreements. The team regularly appears before all types of courts to enforce IP rights and defend against infringement claims.
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland - Switzerland
- Competition - Switzerland
- Intellectual property - Switzerland
- TMT - Switzerland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Leading firms: Italian-speaking Switzerland
- Public law
- Sports law
- Capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Leading firms: German-speaking Switzerland
- Regulatory, compliance and investigations
- Banking and finance: Zurich
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Real estate and construction
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Private client