Gilles August > August Debouzy > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
August Debouzy Offices
7 rue de Téhéran
- Go to...
Co-founder of August Debouzy together with former diplomat Olivier Debouzy, Gilles August has headed the firm since 1995. Member of the Bars of Paris and New York, Gilles heads the Corporate division, which is currently staffed by 35 lawyers including 9 partners. His core specializations are mergers & acquisitions and private equity but his practice area also spans company law, commercial litigation, arbitration and white-collar crime. For the past 25 years Gilles has been supporting key players in the French and international economy. Driven by a modern vision of legal services, Gilles has always placed his firm at the service of innovation and entrepreneurship, as shown by the public positions he has taken and the initiatives taken by the firm, including the Start you up program he launched in 2013 to help French startups grow and the Olivier Debouzy award he hands out every year to the most original and impertinent legal thinker.
French | English
Admitted to the Paris (1984), New York (1986) and Brussels (2001) bars
– Master of Laws (LL.M), Georgetown University Law Center, Washington D.C, 1986
– University of Paris II, Panthéon, DEA (post-graduate degree) in Business Law, 1984
– Graduate of École Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (ESSEC), 1983
– University of Paris II Panthéon, Master in Private Law, 1981
Able to pull together cross-disciplinary teams from the firm’s employment, public law, competition and tax teams, French firm August Debouzy‘s corporate practice is a player in the mid-cap market segment. Recognised for its sectorial expertise across aeronautics, defence, telecoms and infrastructure, the team undertakes both domestic and cross-border transactions.. Valéry Denoix de Saint Marc is a key name for the latter kind of deals, having helped launch the German desk in 2019. Gilles August, Julien Aucomte, Julien Wagmann, Jérôme Brosset and Pierre Descheemaeker are all key contacts.
August Debouzy est un acteur de référence sur le marché des opérations de taille moyenne. La pratique fait aussi participer les équipes du cabinet spécialisées en droit social, droit public, droit de la concurrence et droit fiscal. Le cabinet dispose d’une forte présence dans les domaines de l’aéronautique, de la défense, des télécoms et des infrastructures. Il traite des opérations de dimensions nationale et internationale. Valéry Denoix de Saint Marc est particulièrement impliqué dans les deals ayant une forte composante étrangère – il a contribué au lancement du desk allemand du cabinet en 2019. Gilles August, Julien Aucomte, Julien Wagmann, Jérôme Brosset et Pierre Descheemaeker sont les principaux intervenants.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Media and entertainment: Newspapers
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Media and entertainment: Sports
- Employment > Social security: compensation and benefits
- Administrative and public law
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Industry focus: Energy
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- EU, competition and distribution