Mr Cándido Pérez > Ramón y Cajal Abogados > Madrid, Spain > Lawyer Profile
Ramón y Cajal Abogados Offices
CALLE ALMAGRO 16-18
- Go to...
Mr Cándido Pérez
Insolvency, Project Finance, Finance & Banking
Partner of the Financial and Capital Markets Law practice. He joined the firm in 2013. He previously developed his professional expertise in Bankia (formerly Caja Madrid), as Legal Counsel at Business and International Banking and Investee Companies.
He is widely experienced at corporate, syndicated, project and purchase financing, (both pre-insolvent and insolvent) debt refinancing or restructuring, as well as all kinds of securities to be created regarding such financing
He has also counselled on syndication procedures, contract or credit right transfers, agency transactions, as well as the creation and drafting of specific products for corporate clients.
Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid).
- Executive Course “Impact of the Digital Revolution in the Legal Sphere: Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence”, Centro de Estudios Garrigues, 2019.
- Advanced Programme on Financing and Investment in Alternative Energies, IEB, 2013.
- Advanced Programme on the Legal Framework of the Energy Sector, Instituto de Empresa IE Law School Executive Education, 2008.
- Preparation of competitive examinations for the Corps of Senior Technicians in the General Administration of the Community of Madrid, 2004-2005.
- Preparation of competitive examinations for the Corps of Government Lawyers, 1999-2004.
- Degree in Law, Universidad Complutense of Madrid, 1999.
Noted for its solid expertise in representing both creditors and debtors, Ramón y Cajal Abogados‘ practice has an excellent track record in handling debt restructurings, refinancing agreements, creditors’ rights and board liability issues. The team is also sought after for its strength in acting as court-appointed insolvency administrators. Javier Menchén heads the restructuring side of the practice, in which Amado Giménez and Cándido Pérez are key contacts; Ramón Fernández-Aceytuno takes the lead on insolvency matters, supported by Carmen Fernández-Hontoria and Luis Briones.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Capital markets: Debt
- Capital markets: Equity
- Data privacy and data protection
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: TMT
- Public law
- Dispute resolution
- EU and competition
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Banking and finance
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime