Adv Gil Grady > Gornitzky & Co. > Tel Aviv, Israel > Lawyer Profile
Gornitzky & Co. Offices
45 ROTHSCHILD BLVD
TEL AVIV 6578403
- Go to...
Adv Gil Grady
Tax; Corporate; Commercial; Mergers & Acquisitions; Capital Markets & Securities; Trusts, Estates & Private Wealth Management; Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Gil Grady is a partner at Gornitzky & Co.
Prior to joining Gornitzky & Co., Gil was a manager in the tax department of Somekh Chaikin, the Israeli member firm of KPMG International in Israel.
Gil’s practice is focused mainly on corporate tax and he advises the firm’s clients on a wide range of taxation matters. He has vast experience in representing clients in all tax matters, including real estate taxation, VAT and sales tax, and in writing tax opinions in these areas.
In recent years, Gil has been representing clients regarding domestic and cross border restructurings, tax-related litigation cases and tax planning of M&A’s, financing, reorganizations and real estate transactions.
Additionally, Gil advises different commercial groups regarding the tax implications of securities transactions, dividends and their ongoing business activity, and he represents clients before Israeli courts with regard to white collar tax offences.
Gil represented clients in numerous taxation matters, including:
- Representation of a company in the sale of 25% of its subsidiary, for approximately USD 293 million.
- Representation of two clients, affiliates of one of Israel’s largest business groups, in two structured finance transactions, each comprised of an “over-the-counter” derivative, collar option and corresponding stock borrow of shares traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.
- Representation of one of Israel’s largest public transportation entities, with respect to its transformation and restructuring.
- Representation of a company in restructuring the holdings of shares in a subsidiary.
Hebrew and English.
2005, Israel Bar Association; 1994, CPA, Accounting Board, Ministry of Justice; Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Israel forum examining various taxation issues (2007-present)
LL.B., magna cum laude, Tel Aviv University (2005); B.B. (Bachelor of Business – Accounting), cum laude, College of Management (1992).
Gornitzky & Co. has a core focus on contentious matters before the Israel Tax Authority (ITA) and the Supreme Court, and on advising clients on the tax aspects of high-value M&A and investments. The team handles novel and high-stakes litigation for corporations and high-net-worth individuals, which often pose major ramifications for clients and the industries in which they operate. ‘Top-of-the-line professional‘ Daniel Paserman acted for Broadom Semiconductor in four separate proceedings relating to the ITA’s claim that the company’s business model restructuring involved the sale of functions assets and risks which should therefore be subject to capital gains tax, a position which, if accepted, could deal a major blow to the start-up and hi-tech industry in Israel. Shlomo Aviad Zider is very active in disputes before the ITA and various civil and criminal proceedings relating to tax law. Pinhas Rubin and Gil Grady are other key names. Ehud Katzenelson was promoted to the partnership in 2019.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: class actions (including derivative actions)
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution: mediation and international arbitration
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency