Mr David Emmerson > Anthony Gold Solicitors LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Anthony Gold Solicitors LLP Offices
The Cottons Centre 5th Floor
South-West Hay's Lane
- Go to...
Mr David Emmerson
Family team with expertise in litigation, collaborative law and mediation
Partner in the family team focusing on the children and financial aspects of divorce and relationship breakdown.
David Emmerson OBE is a partner, hybrid trained mediator and part time district judge with a complex financial remedies and private law children ticket. David is the chair of Resolution’s Dispute Resolution committee He is also a collaborative practitioner and also has experience with co-habitation, pre & post nuptial agreements.
- David has written many articles for Family Law, The Law Society Gazette, New Law Journal, Family Law Week, Resolution’s Review, and the Solicitor’s journal. He has been interviewed on family law matters by the Telegraph, Guardian, Observer and Independent
- David is the author of Butterworth’s Family Law Service domestic abuse and dispute resolution sections and was a co-author of Resolution’s Family Law Handbook
- David has been an elected member of Resolution’s National Committee since 2003. Resolution is the national organisation that represents over 6500 family law and dispute resolution professionals. David chairs their Dispute Resolution committee dealing with mediation, collaborative law and arbitration
- A member of Thomson Reuters Practical Law Family editorial board
- David is an Serious Case and Anti – Discrimination Panel Chair for the Football Association as part of their strategy of combating all forms of discrimination in football
- Member of Lexis Nexis’ editorial board
De Montfort University Leicester. College of Law
Walking, talking, cycling, dancing and love of live music and meals with friends
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Anthony Gold Solicitors LLP has an ‘enormously talented group of individuals of all seniorities’. The family law department is ably co-led by Kim Beatson and Sarah Hughes, and the group frequently handles complex, high-value financial matters. Additionally, the practice has an excellent reputation for its work on complex Children Act cases. Other areas of focus for the team include advising on Schedule 1 and TOLATA cases and on pre and post-nuptial agreements. David Emmerson is also a well-regarded team member. Nazia Rashid has left the practice to join Rayden Solicitors in September 2022.
The mediation practice at Anthony Gold Solicitors LLP ‘is a strong and reputable team. The firm’s mediation practice has gone from strength to strength and is headed up by strong leading solicitors’. The department is well respected for its mediation work, involving complex finance and children matters, which can be child-inclusive and/or cross-jurisdictional. Kim Beatson has a busy mediation practice. Most of her referrals come from other family lawyers. David Emmerson has a mixed practice between court work, mediation and a collaborative practice. Emerson specialises in complex finance and children cases as well as cohabitation and pre-nuptial work. Caroline Bowden is an experienced mediator whose work spans from dealing with the finances of high-net-worth clients to complex children work. Nazia Rashid departed in September 2022.
- Leading individuals London > Private client > Family: mediation
- Leading individuals London > Private client > Family
- Family: mediation London > Private client
- Family London > Private client