Mr Raymond Shaw > Shaw Graham Kersh > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shaw Graham Kersh Offices
35/36 GREAT MARLBOROUGH STREET
- Go to...
Mr Raymond Shaw
Raymond heads our private client and fraud departments. He has been recommended in legal publications for years and Raymond continues to attract clients whose cases involve media attention, complex or novel legal challenges and/or sensitive handling.
His recent work includes:
- resisting an SFO s2 Notice demanding information provided in confidence to a journalist
- a psychiatric defence in an alleged attempted murder by a businessman with a mental health illness
- advising a witness to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- obtaining Leave to Appeal conviction, for a man now serving a custodial sentence for a serious sexual offence
- confiscation proceedings involving parallel civil proceedings, with £millions of assets/trusts identified in multiple jurisdictions
Raymond has particular experience advising/defending fraud and related financial investigations/proceedings brought by the SFO, FCA, HMRC, CMA and CPS specialist units. This work is often conducted under the VHCC regime, (legal aid funding the largest cases).
Additionally, Raymond has particular experience advising:
- lawyers, doctors and dentists facing professional disciplinary investigations carrying potential criminal liability
- football related investigations (directors, players and lawyers)
- in international child abduction cases
1994-96 Fisher Meredith (trainee)
1999 Shaw Graham Kersh
Former President, London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association representing solicitors with Government, the Judiciary, CPS and Bar.
Certified Fraud Examiner qualification
London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association (former President); Fraud Lawyers Association.
1985-88 Leeds University, B.A.Hons, International History and Politics
1992 CPE (Law), University of Westminster
1993 LPC, College of Law
Shaw Graham Kersh is highly experienced in handling a broad range of serious criminal cases; recent work has included cases involving murder, drugs conspiracies and gang crime. Paul Graham and Philip Hill head the practice. Raymond Shaw has particular expertise in fraud work.