Mr Raymond Shaw > Shaw Graham Kersh > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Shaw Graham Kersh Offices
- Go to...
Mr Raymond Shaw
Raymond is the head of SGK’s private client and fraud departments. His most recent highlights include:
- successful insanity defence in an alleged attempted murder by a businessman of a colleague
- resisting an SFO s2 Notice demanding information provided in confidence to a journalist
- advising a witness to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry
- overturning a rape conviction at the Court of Appeal and securing acquittal at retrial
- defending a multi-million pound Local Authority prosecuted fraud conspiracy, spanning multiple years and businesses
- successfully defending an actuary, facing accusations of sexual and other assaults by a fellow actuary in proceedings before his professional body, the IFoA
Raymond has particular experience advising/defending fraud and related financial investigations/proceedings brought by the SFO/FCA/HMRC/CMA and CPS specialist units.
Raymond’s practice includes:
- lawyers/medical professionals facing professional disciplinary investigations carrying potential criminal liability;
- football related criminal investigations (advising directors, players and lawyers) and
- international child abduction cases
1999 Shaw Graham Kersh
1994-96 Fisher Meredith (trainee)
Former President, London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association representing solicitors with Government, the Judiciary, CPS and Bar.
Certified Fraud Examiner qualification
London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association (former President);
Fraud Lawyers Association.
1993 LPC, College of Law
1992 CPE (Law), University of Westminster
1985-88 Leeds University, B.A.Hons, International History and Politics 2:1
Shaw Graham Kersh‘s general crime team is led by Raymond Shaw, who regularly undertakes crime related work in FCA investigations, and Madeleine Corr, who was promoted to partner in August 2022. The team frequently advises clients on gang related cases, sexual offence cases, homicides, and criminal contempt of court matters. Philip Hill, described as ‘highly forensic and meticulous‘, is a name to note within the practice, and works alongside Paul Graham and Michael Strauss, who specialise in murder and terrorism, and serious crime, respectively.