Sarah Gogan > Fladgate LLP > London, London > Lawyer Profile
Fladgate LLP Offices
16 GREAT QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Sarah Gogan is a partner in the corporate department at Fladgate and focuses on immigration.
She has over 17 years’ experience in a broad spectrum of immigration work. She acts for a wide range of clients from every part of the globe — celebrities and other prominent individuals, international families, ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, professionals and business people.
Sarah’s work covers investors, entrepreneurs, exceptional applications including those for settlement and nationality, rights under European law and family related applications (including adoption and surrogacy). She also advises on economic citizenship.
She has significant experience in advising politically exposed people and well known business people in respect of political asylum claims, extradition and Interpol red notices. She also acts for clients in a broad range of appeals.
Her work focuses on personal immigration matters which are often problematic and require bespoke solutions. Sarah’s practice is notable for its success rate in respect of complex applications and/or problematic evidential issues. She is strategic and innovative in her approach and is non-litigious, proactive and solution driven. Her varied and extensive experience and technical knowledge of dealing with exceptional cases, and success in obtaining discretion for non-compliant applications, have put Sarah in the forefront of the market.
Sarah’s clients are often “time poor” and “cash rich”, so her practice focuses on tailoring applications to her clients’ specific needs and obtaining expedited and exceptional decisions.
Her clients often regard her as their trusted adviser (a bit of a family office type role) and call upon her for advice on all of their personal, family and business interests. She provides wholly integrated advice, working with other specialists.
She has been ranked as top in her field by Chambers and Partners (HNW 2018). She is listed in Spears 500 Wealth Management “Top Recommended Immigration Lawyers” index consistently up to 2018. She is considered a rising star.
Sarah regularly contributes articles on immigration to the press — the Times newspaper (legal sections) the Financial Times, the Hollywood Reporter and Spears, to name a few.
She was admitted as a solicitor in 2002 and is a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association.
Publications of note: Numerous articles published in the Times newspaper and other publications.
Trained at Wilson Solicitors LLP and qualified in 2002. Solicitor, Ghersons, Partner, Fransman Solicitors, Senior Associate, Mishcon de Reya. Joined Fladgate as a Partner in 2015.
Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA) and Global Family Office Community.
University of Bristol (LLB in Laws and LLM in EU Law) (1993-1996 and 1997-1998), The College of Law, Legal Practice Course (LPC) (1996-1997); Solicitor of England and Wales.
London > Human resources > Immigration
Fladgate LLP‘s team, which ‘provides a holistic service and thinks outside of the box‘, acts for high-net-worth individuals, their families and their businesses on a range of immigration issues. The practice has particular expertise in complex and exceptional applications; it is instructed on complex ILR applications and handles applications for naturalisation where the residence requirement is not met. Other areas of expertise include advising politically exposed persons and well-known individuals on political asylum claims, extradition and Interpol Red Notices. The team is also adept at handling extension applications for Investor and Entrepreneur visas. Key lawyers in the team include ‘breath of fresh air’ Sarah Gogan and the ‘excellent‘ Kelly Whiter.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: hotels and leisure
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure (including PFI and PPP)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Private client > Family
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Human resources > Immigration