Paul Airley > Fladgate LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fladgate LLP Offices
16 GREAT QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Paul Airley is a partner in the corporate department at Fladgate.
He is a corporate and equity capital markets lawyer, and has advised on a wide range of UK and international corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions transactions including: public and private acquisitions and asset transactions; joint ventures; IPOs on the London Stock Exchange’s Main Market (Premium and Standard segments of the Official List) and AIM market (including dual listings); UK and international secondary fundraisings and other transactions for listed companies; UK financings for overseas companies; and share buybacks and other corporate reorganisations.
Paul has particular experience of advising on transactions involving Canadian capital markets. He has significant expertise in the energy and resources and fintech sectors.
His clients include Caspian Sunrise plc, Angus Energy plc and PennPetro Energy plc.
Paul has also advised UK and overseas financial advisers and brokers on capital markets transactions.
A notable recent deal on which Paul has advised is the £135m AIM listing of TransGlobe Energy Corporation, a TSX and NASDAQ listed independent oil and gas production and development company.
Paul has been recommended in the Legal 500 2017 edition for work on Flotations: Small and mid-cap and Mining and minerals transactions, and has been consistently ranked since 2015.
Trained Osborne Clark, qualified 1997; joined Fladgate as a partner in 2012.
Royal Grammar School, High Wycombe; Bristol University, LLB (1993) and LPC (1995)
Fladgate LLP advises on the full suite of ECM and public company matters including standalone AIM placings, public company M&A, and main market listings. The practice group is noted for its cross-border experience and its work for dual-listed companies, for which it handles transactional and regulatory mandates. In particular, the team has developed expertise in advising Canadian and Israeli companies, which falls in line with the firm’s industry focuses on technology, fintech, life sciences and natural resources. Moreover, the firm has invested heavily in its ECM capabilities, having most recently brought on Sandra Bates from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP. Key figures in the practice group include David Robinson and Nigel Gordon, both of whom have experience advising technology and growth companies, and Paul Airley, who specialises in the energy and natural resources sectors.
The energy and natural resources team at Fladgate LLP covers a wide range of legal disciplines, including commercial contracts, corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, construction and engineering contracts, and projects. The group has particular experience in Africa and Eastern Europe. The firm has continued to expand its capabilities with the recent addition of Sandra Bates from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP to the partnership and TransGlobe Energy to its client roster. Practice co-heads Paul Airley and Nigel Gordon are capital market specialists.
- Equity capital markets – small-mid cap - London > Corporate and commercial
- Oil and gas - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: hotels and leisure
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Finance > Islamic finance
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure (including PFI and PPP)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Transport > Aviation
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Private client > Family
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Human resources > Immigration