Mr Jan Roeland > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Jan Roeland
Jan is a highly experienced, internationally recommended tax specialist. He furnishes advice on tax matters in the Mergers and Acquisitions practice group, including with regard to real estate, internal reorganizations, business successions, and related transactions and projects as well as traditional client counselling.
Together with his civil-law, corporate and real estate colleagues, Jan provides counsel on the tax questions arising in these areas. He is an expert at combining corporate, income, wage, transfer and turnover tax aspects into a single, comprehensive tax and civil-law opinion.
Van Doorne has an increasingly significant practice for private client tax work, and also acts for large and medium-sized businesses and their owners on issues relating to business transfers and estate planning. For national and international transactional work, Ewout van Asbeck is the key contact. Practice head Rob de Win has specialist expertise in real estate and indirect taxes. New arrival Jan Roeland regularly advises US and other non-Dutch companies on how best to structure their worldwide operations.
The ‘friendly and flexible‘ team at Van Doorne, is jointly headed by Mark Moolhuizen and the ‘well-respected‘ Annerie Ploumen. The practice is a popular choice for companies active in commercial real estate, real estate developers, institutional investors, foreign and domestic banks, the Dutch government, local government bodies, housing corporations, universities, and hospitals. In a recent highlight, a team led by Andy Furr advised Retail Estates on the acquisition of the Freeland Portfolio, consisting of three large Dutch retail parks, in a matter worth €91m. Jan Roeland was a new arrival from PKF Wallast.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Industry focus: retail
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Environment and planning
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- EU and competition
- Private equity
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights