Mr Sjoerd Stokmans > Van Doorne > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Van Doorne Offices
1081 KM AMSTERDAM
PO BOX 75265, 1070 AG AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Mr Sjoerd Stokmans
Sjoerd specializes in Dutch and international tax law applied i.a. to reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions (both for corporates, including private equity, and management), international tax structuring, debt restructuring and acquisition financing, share/bond issues, real estate investments and partnerships.
Sjoerd made partner in January 2020.
Sjoerd studied Dutch law and Dutch Tax Law at VU University Amsterdam where he graduated in 2010. He joined Van Doorne in 2012 and was seconded to a London law firm in 2014 and 2015.
Van Doorne‘s tax work is closely aligned with the firm’s strengths in transactions; a number of dedicated practitioners are embedded in the M&A, finance and real estate practices. In addition, the firm undertakes tax advisory work on a standalone basis and also provides representation in litigation. Rob de Win (a member of the real estate transactions team) heads up the practice, which is particularly highlighted for its strengths in matters with a nexus to the healthcare and education sectors; a recent highlight saw Sjoerd Stokmans act as tax counsel to NPM on the international auction sale of its portfolio group Mentaal Beter to Apax Partners. Elsewhere, other recent mandates spanned areas such as the sport, retail, automotive and energy sectors, among others.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Mediation
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Industry focus: Food
- Industry focus: Information technology
- Industry focus: retail
- Investment funds
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Industry focus: healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Media and entertainment
- Project finance and PFI
- Real estate
- Banking and finance: Borrower side
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- EU and competition
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Intellectual property: trade marks, copyrights and design rights
- Private equity