Ms Anya George, ACIArb > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Ms Anya George, ACIArb
Dispute Resolution / Energy / International Arbitration
Anya George is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution Group in Zurich. As a trilingual and dual qualified lawyer, she represents clients in complex international commercial and investment arbitration matters, as well as in enforcement and setting-aside proceedings before the Swiss Supreme Court.
- Has acted as counsel and arbitrator in over 60 arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA, SCC, CAS, UNCITRAL and Swiss Rules, as well as in ad hoc proceedings.
- Main areas of expertise are energy infrastructure, natural resources, insurance and reinsurance contracts and manufacturing and sales agreements
- Has special expertise in arbitration-related litigation, including enforcement, interim relief and setting-aside proceedings before the Swiss Supreme Court, in both French and German
- Advises clients on business and human rights issue
- Co-Chair of the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
- Committee member of the Young Professional Group of the British Swiss Chambers of Commerce
- Associate of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd is noted for having an ‘outstanding team capable of handling very complex cases‘. Its caseload includes international commercial, investment and sports arbitration proceedings. The team has considerable expertise in a range of industries, including construction, infrastructure, energy, life sciences, commodities and hospitality. Elliott Geisinger in Geneva is the firm’s arbitration chair and is experienced in disputes arising from joint venture agreements, as well as sales and distribution contracts. Christopher Boog, whose ‘advocacy skills are unparalleled‘, divides his time between Zurich and Singapore. Other key names include Philippe Bärtsch , Anya George and Anna Kozmenko as well as counsels Anne-Carole Cremades and Sebastiano Nessi in Geneva. The team lost Nathalie Voser who left to set up dispute resolution boutique practice Rothorn Legal in November 2020.
- Dispute resolution: arbitration - Switzerland
- Next Generation Partners - Switzerland > Dispute resolution: arbitration
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction