Prof Dr Alexander von Ziegler, LL.M., Mediator SKWM, SAV, CEDR > Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd > Zurich, Switzerland > Lawyer Profile
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd Offices
P.O. Box 2201
- Go to...
Prof Dr Alexander von Ziegler, LL.M., Mediator SKWM, SAV, CEDR
Zurich / Dispute Resolution / International Arbitration / Trade and Transport / Insurance / Corporate and Commercial
Alexander von Ziegler is a Partner in Schellenberg Wittmer’s Dispute Resolution Group in Zurich and he also heads the firm’s Trade and Transport Group as well as the Insurance Practice Group. He also acts as mediator (accredited by SKWM, SAV and CEDR).
- Specialist in the field of export/import, shipping, aviation, he advises parties involved in international trade, commercial contracts, transportation and logistics (dispute resolution and transactional)
- Specialist in the field of insurance and reinsurance law, he advises national and international insurers in high-profile defense or cover disputes and regulatory issues (dispute resolution and transactional)
- Mediator (SKWM, SAV and CEDR)
- Holds posts in many national and international organizations
- Member of the Swiss delegation at UNCITRAL tasked with creating a new Convention on the Recognition of Judicial Sales of Ships
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd acts predominantly for clients from the aviation and maritime shipping spaces, such as indemnity insurance clubs, aircraft and shipowners, managers and operators as well as international airlines. The team handles non-contentious and contentious matters, including the regulatory aspects of marine and aviation activities in Switzerland, transportation contracts, supply chain management and sale, purchase and financing of aircraft and vessels as well as litigation and arbitration concerning trade fraud, commercial contracts and casualties. Alexander von Ziegler, ‘one of the best international arbitrators and mediators’, and Bernard Vischer head the practice.
Schellenberg Wittmer Ltd advises clients on all matters relating to the establishment and regulation of insurers, re-insurers and the relevant portfolios. Contentious matters include defence work under all lines of liability insurance programmes as well as fraud defence, with a particular focus on litigation in multiple jurisdictions. Practice head Alexander von Ziegler advises national and international insurers on cover disputes as well as regulatory issues. Olivier Favre is experienced in regulatory requirements for inbound cross-border insurance business to the Swiss market, group insurance products and the setting-up and licensing of Swiss direct insurance companies. Tarek Houdrouge is a key contact in the Geneva office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Geneva
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Intellectual property
- Leading firms: French-speaking Switzerland
- Private client
- Real estate and construction