Mr Thomas Urlacher > Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. Offices
15 rue de Laborde
- Go to...
Mr Thomas Urlacher
Mergesr & Acquisitions / Corporate
Thomas Urlacher is a partner and member of Gide’s M&A / Corporate practice group, with first-class expertise in complex acquisitions, strategic alliances (joint ventures) and corporate structuring. His practice covers a wide range of industries, in particular service industries (banking and insurance, IT and telecommunications), energy and manufacturing (automotive, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage).
Thomas also spent three years at Gide’s Casablanca office and managed Gide’s Beijing office for five years. There, he developed unique experience in international, cross-border M&A. He has advised, for example, many Chinese investors on their acquisitions in France and Africa.
His recently advised Canglong Optoelectronic (Accelink Group) on its investment in Almae Technologies; Vallourec, a world leader in premium tubular solutions, on the acquisition of Anhui Tianda Oil Pipe, a Chinese producer of tubes (first take-over of a Chinese company in the steel sector by a foreign investor); Agricultural Bank of China on the setting-up of the Banque Sino-Congolaise for Africa; Renault on the setting up of a joint venture with Dongfeng in China; Total on the restructuring of its lubricants business in China.
Member of the Paris Bar, Thomas is a graduate of the Ecole Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales (ESSEC) and holds a DJCE-DESS in Business Law from the University of Strasbourg.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Derivatives and structured finance
- EU, competition and distribution
- Industry focus: Energy
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Industry focus: Telecoms
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Media and entertainment: Television/radio
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Project finance
- Real estate
- Administrative and public law
- Capital markets: equity capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: IT and internet
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity: Fund formation
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Private equity: LBO