Nicola Lawrence > Geldards LLP > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Geldards LLP Offices
Capital Quarter No.4
- Go to...
Nicola is a Partner in the Property Litigation team. With an emphasis on commercial property, she is experienced in all aspects of real estate and landlord and tenant practice both commercial and residential. She specialises in portfolio management for landlords, including high-value dilapidation disputes, break clause compliance, forfeiture, interpretation of lease covenants, restrictive covenants/easements, adverse possession claims, trespass and nuisance. She acts for national corporate clients, public bodies, utility companies, building societies, and equity investment companies providing advice on:
- Termination of commercial tenancies including advising on conditions connected to the operation of a break provision; service of statutory notices and common law notices to quit.
- Lease renewal proceedings, including contested and uncontested applications for a new lease.
- Enforcement of lease covenants, including forfeiture for non-payment of rent or other breaches of lease covenants high-value dilapidation disputes.
- Representing clients in the First-tier tribunal (Property Chamber) in claims for adverse possession.
- Representing clients in professional negligence cases, including surveyors and solicitors in connection with property transactions.
- Advising on nuisance claims arising from interference with easements.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Displaying an ‘unflustered approach to complex litigation’, including in the context of landlord and tenant disputes, Geldards LLP provides ‘thorough and well-considered advice’ to an eclectic mix of public and private sector clients, including many major retail clients with sizeable property portfolios. Team head Ed Meggitt has vast experience in the space, including on behalf of portfolio clients on estate management and the protection of their assets, as well as for utility companies, particularly in the context of property-related issues arising in the water industry. Nicola Lawrence provides ‘comprehensive and clear advice’ to clients across a range of discrete disputes, as well as litigation arising in a portfolio management context. Associate Llinos Davies provides ‘a combination of quality and practical advice in a pragmatic manner’ and has developed particularly strong ties with retail clients, who she regularly represents on disputed lease renewals.
- Next Generation Partners - Wales > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - Wales > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; claimant
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport