Amid a scene of change and uncertainty, companies around the world are increasingly faced with an increased risk of disputes, amplified by the rise of technology, ever-evolving ESG considerations, AML regulations and supply chain disruption.
Running a successful business depends on anticipating risks and establishing robust compliance now more than ever, to successfully protect your organisation in today’s inter-connected world. For General Counsel and Risk Managers, the challenge is even greater, with remote working, digital transformation and multi-jurisdictional nuances requiring a broad perspective and deep understanding of the local outlook.
In this forum, held at Club Lusitano on 6th November, The Legal 500 will bring together leading in-house lawyers, compliance heads and risk managers to discuss the best way of establishing effective and diligent corporate governance frameworks across The Greater Bay region.
Potential topics and themes could include:
- Boards & Governance: Keeping up with Stakeholder Demands in this time of risk uncertainty – how to keep the board informed and manage a potential crisis, and the role of the board to drive performance and keep up with stakeholder demands.
- Placing the focus on the changing AML landscape, sector specific challenges, and ensuring compliance frameworks are robust.
- Management of ESG expectations: Changing and evolving ESG expectations and requirements over corporate management of businesses operating in the region.
- Global Supply Chains: rising to meet regulations and managing risk
- AI and Data Governance: The board’s role in driving technology (AI and recent tech) and recent implications
- Protecting credibility and reputations: Effective strategies to mitigate risk and protect your reputation; creating an effective whistleblowing system