Bojović Drašković Popović & Partners‘ team routinely advises on sensitive terminations and redundancies, disputes and senior executive issues. In addition, the group has recently been active in advising on the employment issues caused by business changes and restructurings, as well as on the pandemic’s effect on the organisation of clients’ businesses. Heading the employment team, Vuk Drašković regularly leads employment work for both multinationals and global law firms. Of notable benefit to clients, senior associate Miloš Andrejević is vice president of the HR committee within the Foreign Investors Council in Serbia.
Employment in Serbia
Other key lawyers:
‘Very professional collaboration and approach to each project.‘
‘Timely responses each time, and they are available at any time for additional questions.‘
‘High levels of professionalism and experience.‘
‘The team is very professional and reliable, while maintaining a proactive, friendly and pro-business attitude.‘
‘A pleasure to work with. The partner involvement and availability at all stages of a project is another plus.‘
‘All the lawyers that I interacted with were very responsive and professional, and they have very good knowledge of the market and of new developments in the legal field.‘
‘They proved to be very knowledgeable, available, prompt and responsive in meeting the deadlines requested, which gave us the necessary comfort that the matter was in the right hands.‘
‘Vuk Drašković is a highly experienced and professional employment law attorney in Serbia.‘
The Walt Disney Company
MSC Global Shipping Company
- Advised Dun & Bradstreet on the employment aspects of the $818m acquisition of Bisnode.
- Assisted AC Nielsen with a sensitive redundancy procedure and termination of employment agreements.
- Advising the Walt Disney Company on regional matters associated with hiring employees on fixed-term employment contracts.
Joksovic, Stojanovic & Partners‘ practice has significant experience in advising multinational, regional and local companies, along with diplomatic missions, on complex employment and labour law matters; the firm also collaborates closely with accounting and tax consultancies which refer clients for employment and labour law advice. The team was recently particularly active in advising on urgent labour law issues triggered by the Covid-19 pandemic. Specialising in employment and labour law, team head Milica Vesić is ‘an exceptional lawyer‘, who focuses on the protection of employers’ interests.
‘Great diversity within the team – basically, the office has a choice of people to fit any type of client mentality.‘
‘Communication is at a level at which clients can understand, and they always give appropriate feedback.‘
‘Experienced in the particular needs of embassies.‘
‘Very responsive and structured approach, as well as being client oriented.‘
‘Expertise in our industry and ability to deliver a customised approach to every situation.‘
‘The lawyers are excellent, highly educated and experienced, which we highly appreciate. Our long-term cooperation with JSP is proof of the quality of its legal work.‘
‘Milica Vesić has excellent knowledge of labour law.‘
‘Milica Vesić is an exceptional lawyer with huge knowledge and a holistic approach to all matters – she also points out other risks that have to be taken into account, such as tax and civil liability.‘
Johnson & Johnson
Freeport McMoRan Explorations
State Lottery of Serbia
Alkemy doo Belgrade
Alkemy Play doo Belgrade
Infrastructure Development and Construction
Trusted Marketing Services
Repräsentanz Credo Schweiz
Watson Marlow Representative Office in Belgrade
- Advised Robert Bosch doo Belgrade on major compliance cases, everyday employment-related issues, employment terminations, and working from home issues.
- Advised Siemens doo Belgrade on various matters, including engagement of staff, the CEO’s employment status and rescheduling of working hours.
- Advised numerous clients (including Siemens, Robert Bosch, Renault Nissan and MSD) on labour law issues triggered by the pandemic.
JPM Jankovic Popovic Mitic‘s employment department has an enviable client list that stems predominantly from the IT, retail, banking and automotive industries; clients also benefit from the group’s ability to leverage expertise in areas such as data protection, corporate law and IP. Heading the team, Jelena Nikolić consistently advises on day-to-day labour law issues, as well as handling employment-related disputes. The senior associates to note are Anja Šakan, a specialist in labour law matters and foreigners’ rights, and Andrea Cvetanović, whose practice focuses on labour and GDPR matters.
‘They always follow the requirements of clients and achieve the set goals.‘
‘Individuals with a very professional approach who are very well acquainted with the legislation.‘
‘JPM has extraordinary people – their lawyers are very knowledgeable, responsive and reliable.‘
‘They cover a wide range of topics, and are always ready to go the extra mile to find solutions that are sometimes very complex.‘
‘All credit goes to Jelena Nikolić for her outstanding work and dedication.‘
‘Jelena Nikolić is an extraordinary lawyer with deep knowledge and expertise in labour law. She is reliable, responsive, and open to listening to new ideas. Her English is also at the very highest level, which makes our work easier.‘
‘Jelena Nikolić is very realistic in providing risk estimations.‘
‘We consider Jelena Nikolić a team member – we can count on her for every situation. She is very professional, but also pragmatic and understands the needs of various industries.‘
ContiTech Fluid Serbia
Denso Thermal Systems
Enterprise Services doo Beograd
Alfred Kärcher SE & Co (Serbia)
MTU Aero Engines
Norma Group Southeast Europe
Siemens Healthcare Serbia
Widely esteemed for its handling of employment law matters, Karanovic & Partners‘ practice ranges from day-to-day employment issues to the labour aspects of M&A deals and labour disputes. Other areas of strength include advising on outsourcing, secondments, pension entitlements, harassment at work, whistleblowing and injuries at work. Practice head Milena Jakšić Papac focuses on employment terminations, redundancies, structuring compensation and benefits packages, trade union relations and collective bargaining. Also integral to the practice are senior associate Boris Radojčić, who joined from Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović Law Firm in January 2021, and associate Milijana Tomić.
‘Reliable service and high levels of professionalism.‘
‘Great knowledge and experience.‘
‘The team provides an outstanding service and very business-oriented advice. They are also pragmatic, always available and very reliable.‘
‘They provide fast and reliable answers to all of my enquires.‘
‘Super attentive, diligent, quick to respond, and they provide a highly courteous and professional service.‘
‘We trust Milena Jakšić Papac and Milijana Tomić – they protect our company’s interests, act to minimise risks, and find practical solutions.‘
‘Milena Jakšić Papac is an exceptional employment lawyer, who is very hardworking and has pragmatic solutions to every problem and incredible patience.‘
‘Boris Radojčić demonstrates high levels of professionalism, extreme availability, fluent English and great interpersonal skills.‘
Inditex Group (Zara)
Johnson Electric International
West Pharmaceutical Services
Ericsson doo Belgrade
- Advised Mars on the employment aspects of its global reorganisation process, which included organisational changes of teams in Serbia, North Macedonia and Montenegro.
- Advised Inditex on structuring the transfer of employees, as part of a merger procedure in which it merged all its Serbian-based companies into one corporate entity.
- Advised Pfizer on the employment aspects of a transaction with Mylan N V (formerly Mylan Inc) that related to a business transfer.
Typical areas of work for Mikijelj Jankovic & Bogdanovic‘s employment group range from advising on working conditions, HR policies and privacy, to handling whistleblowing and mobbing issues and employer-side labour law litigation. The team also fields specialists in internal employment regulations, employment contracts and redundancies, and it regularly advises both individuals and non-profit organisations on employment law matters. At the head of the department, Katarina Radović has vast experience in cross-border employment matters, in addition to representing the firm’s corporate clients in labour disputes, and Lena Petrović regularly appears before the Serbian courts in labour litigation.
Barlan S&M doo
Pernod Ricard Srbija
Museum of Contemporary Arts
- Advised Barlan S&M doo (the Coca-Cola Company in Serbia) on the full range of employment issues, such as working conditions and compliance with regulatory requirements in relation to employment relationships.
- Advised Imperial Tobacco on various employment issues, such as working conditions, assignment of employees outside of the Republic of Serbia, and amendments to employment agreements.
- Advised Insajder Produkcija doo on the full range of employment issues, particularly in relation to the conclusion of employment agreements with new employees and the termination of an existing employment relationship.
Moravcevic Vojnovic and Partners in cooperation with Schoenherr‘s labour and employment practice consistently works alongside the firm’s well-established corporate and M&A group, particularly to advise on the employment law aspects of major transactions. It also has a strong track record in assisting blue-chip international and national clients with the commencement and termination of employment relationships. Heading up the practice, Marija Vlajkovic handles both day-to-day employment issues and labour disputes, and attorney at law Bojan Rajic is a specialist in contracts and employment investment incentives.
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm will always try to find a solution that best fits your industry and your business, while at the same time ensuring compliance with legislation.‘
‘I commend their dedication and willingness to listen to us and understand our rather unique position in the Serbian market.‘
SAP West Balkans
- Assisted OMV with the introduction of working from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Advised Quest Software on the Serbian labour law aspects of its acquisition of Apex SQL.
- Advised Sitel on regulating its internal set-up for working from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, including the preparation of a rulebook.
BDK Advokati AOD‘s employment team provides assistance with the full range of labour law-related matters, including data protection and privacy issues, as well as employment litigation. The group can also leverage the firm’s expertise in tax, including advising on the tax regimes applicable to various incentives and other hiring arrangements, and immigration law. Leading the practice is founding and managing partner Tijana Kojović, while attorney at law Marija Gligorević, who ‘provides a great service‘, advises on a broad spectrum of employment law matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The BDK team always provides a high-quality service – they are very responsive, and the advice they provide is comprehensive and reasonable.‘
‘Marija Gligorević provides a great service. She is always quick to respond to our queries, which is very much appreciated, and gives comprehensive and reasonable advice.‘
British American Tobacco
Regional Youth Cooperation Office
Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance
Enlight Renewable Energy
Smith Micro Software
Krosaki Harima Europe
Frontier Baystone Pharma
- Represented BIC Slovakia in three employment litigation proceedings initiated by an ex-employee, as well as advising on employment termination options (among other matters).
- Assisted Adient Interiors with a wide array of employment-related issues and labour litigation, including Covid 19-related issues such as vaccination, and sensitive terminations, excessive sick leave, staff leasing, outsourcing and trade union matters.
- Assisted Roche with restructuring matters, including drafting both the annex to an employment agreement and a rulebook.
The principal areas of focus for BOPA Bojanovic & Partners‘ department range from work management issues, employment terminations, incentive plans, reorganisations and outsourcing, to collective bargaining, strikes and industrial action, trade union matters and cross-border hiring. The practice is also sought out for its advice on personal data protection, labour disputes, share ownership plans and immigration. Nikola Gvoić heads the sizeable department and has experience in corporate reorganisations and HR restructurings, employee transfers, trade union relationships, collective negotiations and labour disputes. Gvoić additionally assists with the labour aspects of transactions.
‘The whole team delivers perfect output.‘
‘They have advised on some of the most complex cases locally and regionally.‘
‘They have specialist experts who are able to tackle the most challenging tasks.‘
‘The legal service this team provides to clients in Serbia is clear and reliable.‘
‘They are very responsive. I would also note their business mindset and flexible and competitive pricing.‘
‘Nikola Gvoić is one of the best employment lawyers in Serbia.‘
‘Nikola Gvoić is an eminent expert in this field.‘
Nielsen Company US
Sandoz Pharma Services
One & Only Portonovi Montenegro
Precision Medicine Group
- Advised Wizz Air on a complex HR restructuring in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Advised One & Only Portonovi, a Kerzner International subsidiary in Montenegro, on employment-related activities.
- Advising Fevo (and its subsidiary in Serbia) on employment-related matters.
Major strengths for Law Office Miroslav Stojanovic, in cooperation with Wolf Theiss‘ employment practice are its extensive regional CEE and SEE coverage and longstanding experience in cross-border projects. The team’s client list comprises international companies from the retail energy, transport and manufacturing industries, among others. The broad practice of Belgrade managing partner Miroslav Stojanović covers employment law work, and senior associate Marijana Zejaković is a key member of the employment and data protection teams, with experience advising on hirings and dismissals, workforce restructurings and mass redundancies, employment-related data protection issues, and internal investigations.
‘In-depth knowledge of the applicable legal and regulatory frameworks.‘
‘Very thorough advice with clear options set out.‘
‘Individuals who are responsive and helpful.‘
‘Communications are clear and thorough – they make you feel as though you are their only and most important client.‘
Astellas Pharma Europe
Naftna Industrija Srbije
Toyo Tire Corporation
Peek & Cloppenburg
- Advised Toyo Tire Corporation on its greenfield investment in Serbia, which included drafting the management agreement and assisting with complex immigration and secondment issues.
- Assisted an online mail order retailer with numerous employment-related matters, such as fixed-term employment contracts, disability quota requirements and engaging interns, among others.
- Assisted a producer of diesel and alternative fuel engines and generators (and related components and technology) with producing a report on an employer’s diversity compliance requirements in Serbia.
In May 2021, Petrikic & Partneri AOD in cooperation with CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz recruited Dragana Bajić from Joint law office Marić in cooperation with Kinstellar to head the firm's employment and data protection practices; Bajić was also recently reappointed as chair of the Labour Regulations Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Serbia. In addition to routinely advising global workforce recruitment and staffing services, the employment team is active in labour disputes, including mobbing cases and occupational injury disputes. Attorney at law Ksenija Ivetić-Marlović regularly advises clients on employment and pension law matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘They have been very open and receptive to our needs, as well as providing responses in a timely manner.‘
‘The employment practice of this firm is one of the best I have worked with.‘
‘They manage to navigate the rigid Serbian employment and labour law framework in a way that enables businesses to be compliant, while at the same time introducing global best practice and multinational company standards.‘
‘Dragana Bajić is a fantastic professional, with a deep understanding not only of the Serbian legal framework but also of business practices. Apart from her legal and business knowledge, she is a real pleasure to work with.‘
‘Dragana Bajić proved to have a great understanding of our needs, and dedicated time to understanding all aspects in order to provide the most suitable advice.‘
König Metall Group
Johnson & Johnson
Monolith Brands Group.
- Providing Lear Corporation with day-to-day advice on all aspects of HR and labour law, including collective bargaining, as well as acting in labour disputes in Serbia.
- Advising Ahold Delhaize on day-to-day labour law matters, as well as on the structuring of salaries, employment contracts and terminations, working from home, mobbing, labour-related disputes, and other employment matters in Serbia.
- Advising German company König Metall Group on the establishment of its business presence in Serbia, which included HR and labour law issues.
Prica & Partners‘ practice is well known for advising on the employment issues arising from corporate acquisitions, the establishment and termination of employment contracts, restructuring-related redundancies, compensation policies, employee share purchase plans, disputes and the employment of foreign nationals. The group also has a significant practice focused on stock options and employment-based stock benefits for foreign companies with Serbian subsidiaries. Practice head Tijana Lalić has over 17 years’ experience in labour disputes before the Serbian courts, including mobbing cases, and senior associate Jelena Živanović and associate Jovana Obradović both have notable immigration expertise.
‘Deep knowledge. Collaborative and very engaged legal advisers.‘
‘The team acted promptly, and we were advised on every potential outcome and then professionally guided to choose the best possible solution for our company.‘
‘They advise clients on the potential risks and how to avoid them.‘
‘Unique for its reliability, knowledge and professionalism.‘
‘Highly responsive, clear and precise.‘
‘We were presented with options regarding each potential issue in a timely manner, and were then assisted with choosing the right one for our firm.‘
‘Jelena Živanović is great – she provides deep knowledge, efficiency and crucial legal support, as well as timely responses and availability.‘
‘Jelena Živanović and Jovana Obradović were highly professional and collaborative when dealing with our company’s labour issues.‘
H&M Hennes & Mauritz
dm drogerie markt
Sandoz (Novartis division)
- Assisted AbbVie on the employment structure in Serbia following the company’s global integration with Allergan.
- Advising WizzAir on an ongoing basis on various employment and labour law matters, including termination issues, mobbing and related court proceedings.
- Advised Sanofi on the implementation of a 2021 employee share offering, which was reserved for employees of its group companies, including in Serbia.
Atanaskovic – Bozovic Law Firm fields sector experts in textiles, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, and has recently been particularly active in employment inspections, negotiations with unions and employment-related litigation. The practice has also seen a growth in instructions relating to residency and working permits for foreign employees, along with employment issues stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic. Group head Miloš Atanasković advises international clients on employment matters, while Vuk Božović‘s broad practice includes advising on employment law.
‘Specialised expertise, with an aptitude for high-level legal work.‘
‘They appreciate the commercial importance of meeting deadlines, keeping costs low and handling information confidentially.‘
‘They are always fast and accurate with the information required of them.‘
‘We have experienced excellent collaboration with this office, both at individual and team levels.‘
‘High levels of professionalism, speed and great expertise.‘
‘We are satisfied with their commitment to our queries – they are excellent, fast and provide precise written answers and explanations.‘
‘They are able to draw reasonable, logical conclusions and assumptions from limited information. The most important thing is that we trust that each one of them will always respond to our needs in the best way, and give us the most optimal solution to our problem.‘
‘Vuk Božović is an excellent labour law expert.‘
Dunavplast Korp doo Inđija
SOS Children’s Village
HSE Balkan Energy
X1 Medical Technologies
French Serbian Chamber of Commerce
Plast and Metal Balkans
AVS Legal‘s practice routinely advises major corporate clients on the engagement of workers, employment terminations, immigration and secondments, and redundancy issues and workplace reorganisations. Other areas of focus are executive dismissal packages, mobbing and work injury cases, labour law-related risk management, litigation and personal data protection. The team also assists with developing internal HR practices and procedures. Heading up the firm’s labour law department, Irena Kalmić advises multinationals on labour law.
Other key lawyers:
‘The AVS team is compact, very flexible, and always willing to go above and beyond and adapt to both changing circumstances and our expectations.‘
‘They have a very detailed and systematic approach to any labour-related matter they have been consulted on, which contributes greatly to our proper and timely assessment and mitigation of employment-related legal risks.‘
‘Reliable firm with prompt responses.‘
‘Very well connected in relation to the local network.‘
‘The firm is a one-stop shop for the client, and we appreciate this as it reduces the response times. We also appreciate that in case of our usual contact being unavailable, the other team members assigned to the file can react quickly because they are either involved or briefed.‘
‘Irena Kalmić is a dedicated and responsible professional, whom we consider almost as a member of our own team.‘
‘Irena Kalmić’s dedication and availability, her deep understanding of the context and knowledge of internal organisations and teams, as well as her experience and expertise in employment topics, give her a strong competitive advantage in this field.‘
‘Mladen Domazet is diligent and reliable.‘
Essex Furukawa Magnet Wire Balkan
International Union for Conservation of Nature, Regional Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- Assisted Belgrade Airport with various labour law matters, including participating in collective bargaining with five labour unions and acting in employment litigation.
- Advising Essex Furukawa Magnet Wire Balkan on the legal issues surrounding the inter-company movement of expert engineers from Serbia to Japan and the US, as well as relations with the newly established labour union.
- Assisting Michelin with the implementation of its projects and policies at a local level, in addition to acting in employment litigation and providing day-to-day legal support.
Doklestic Repic & Gajin‘s employment team is well known for its expertise in collective bargaining, mass redundancies and reorganisations, complex employment and management agreements, and labour disputes. In addition, since 2018 the firm has been the exclusive Serbian member of the Employment Law Alliance, one of the world’s largest networks of labour and employment lawyers. Name partner Slobodan Doklestic heads up the group, which includes senior attorney at law Ljubinka Pljevaljcic.
‘Innovative and detailed approach to each issue – one of the best employment practices on the Serbian market.‘
‘Their understanding of employment legislation and practice is simply outstanding.‘
‘Enormous experience in all fields of employment and labour law, which enables them to offer practical and useful advice in all situations and insightful risk assessments when needed.‘
‘They always do a great job for us. We feel very comfortable and safe working with them – they have our very warm recommendation.‘
‘Slobodan Doklestic oversees everything, and I have never seen a situation where he did not know what to do and what to advise us – truly remarkable.‘
‘Slobodan Doklestic and Ljubinka Pljevaljcic are both absolutely great.‘
‘Ljubinka Pljevaljcic is specialised in employment and labour law, as well as data protection. She is as good as it gets in this field.‘
‘Marko Repic is devoted to each problem and provides solutions.‘
Petrol d d Ljubljana
G4S Secure Solutions
Nelt & Co
VDL Bus & Coach
- Advised Hewlett Packard on various employment and labour law matters, including the preparation of a work from home policy and accompanying documents.
- Advised Philip Morris’ subsidiaries in Serbia on various employment and labour law matters, including the conclusion of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Advised AIK Bank on various employment and labour law matters, including drafting the group remuneration policy.
The only English law firm in Serbia, Harrisons Solicitors has expertise in a wide range of areas, advising on general labour policies, employment contracts, staff outsourcing, remuneration, working hours and restructurings. Other areas of note are labour litigation, health and safety-related matters, personal data protection and unfair dismissal cases. Heading up the team is senior associate Jelena Asanin, who has considerable experience in advising national and international employers on strategic non-contentious and contentious employment matters.
‘Superb client service and an understanding of clients’ desired outcome for specific cases are strengths of this firm.‘
‘Professional, always available to provide advice, and able to resolve any potential issues.‘
‘They are knowledgeable, collaborative, and eager to find the best possible solution.‘
‘As well as being open for dialogue, they understand the business environment and can see the big picture.‘
‘The staff members are professional, on time, responsive, and with practical and theoretical knowledge.‘
‘Eager to go the extra mile in order to find the best possible solution and investigate all options.‘
‘Jelena Asanin is very knowledgeable, experienced, responsive and efficient in delivering the best possible solutions. She knows our company and practices, and is very confident and proactive.‘
‘Jelena Asanin is always on top of the detail.‘
Australian Embassy Belgrade
British Embassy Belgrade
US Embassy Belgrade
- Advising Tenderly, a tech start-up, on setting up its overall employment structure.
- Advised Vast.com on its reorganisation process, which involved a number of employees moving to a new company.
- Advised HomeStory, a newly founded company, on setting up its employment structure.
Advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters, PR Legal has specialisms in areas ranging from the drafting of employment agreements and redundancy and dismissal procedures, to confidentiality and non-compete clauses, breaches of company secrets, and disputes. It also assists with hiring processes, compensation packages, immigration, work permits and visas, compliance, and labour due diligence for acquisitions. Ivana Ružičić routinely advises corporations from the tobacco, mining, and food and beverage industries.
‘When you choose PR Legal to manage your case, you have hired a team that cares and will keep you informed and look out for your best interests.‘
‘Ivana Ružičić is an experienced and brilliant lawyer, who provides a diverse portfolio of solutions and an excellent strategic approach – Ivana is great!‘
JT International doo Senta
Next Generation Lotteries
European Fund for the Balkans
Agence France Presse
- Advising JT International doo Senta on a transformation project that involves the local restructuring of sectors and jobs.
Samardžić, Oreški & Grbović Law Firm‘s employment team is sought out for its expertise in workplace policies, employment and termination agreements, and compliance with labour regulations, Serbia’s Labour Act and international agreements. The firm is a founder member of Lexcellence, an alliance of independent business law firms operating in the SEE region. Radovan Grbović‘s broad practice covers employment law work, while associate Kristina Pavlović is ‘very knowledgeable‘.
Other key lawyers:
‘A young and dynamic employment team, with attorneys who are also experienced in employment litigation.‘
‘We are very happy with how they advised us on a number of employment disputes.‘
‘A creative, young team of attorneys with a good understanding of the industry we work in, as well as the commercial aspects of our business.‘
‘They maintain a very practical approach to our problems. They are also very easy to work with and good communicators.‘
‘Lawyers who are well versed in business matters, and highly motivated and reliable. Our collaboration with them works smoothly, and we value their availability and reaction times.‘
‘Kristina Pavlović is a young but very knowledgeable lawyer, who is efficient, pragmatic and goal oriented.‘
Etihad Aviation Group
Namara Wealth Advisors
Dubai National Air Transport Association
Softline Eastern Europe & Central Asia
University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy
Outsource Insurance Professionals
JSI Research and Training Institute
- Assisting Etihad Airways Branch Office in Belgrade with labour and employment law matters, including HR management issues, employment agreements, negotiations and terminations.
- Assisted Delta Holding with negotiating and successfully settling 18 labour cases.
- Advised the local subsidiaries of the FCC Group on a broad array of employment and labour-related issues, including negotiations of a collective bargaining agreement.
Employment law is a core area of expertise for Stankovic & Partners (NSTLAW). The practice led by name partner Nenad Stankovic advises domestic and international clients on restructuring and redundancy matters, employment disputes, contract and document reviews, and day-to-day issues. The group’s experience also encompasses union negotiations, health and safety matters, employee data protection, immigration, insurance and pensions issues. In addition to a well-established employer-side practice, the team advises high-profile directors and senior executives.
Other key lawyers:
‘A highly reputable office.‘
‘From my experience, they are very knowledgeable.‘
‘They cover all the areas of law that we as a company need – collaboration is smooth and fast, and they are very responsive.‘
‘An efficient, precise and complete team.‘
‘Nenad Stankovic is a very well-known lawyer, who is well respected and has been of great support to us.‘
‘Nenad Stankovic and Jelena Zivkovic are excellent.‘
Apatinska Brewery (Molson Coors group member)
- Advising Apatinska pivara (a Molson Coors Group member) on various employment matters, including employees’ salaries, contract terminations, immigration permits for employees, personal data issues, and employment-related arbitration.
- Providing ongoing employment advice to Takeda Pharmaceuticals, ranging from redundancy and downsizing exercises to employment negotiations and disputes.
- Advising CCBill on all aspects of employment law in Serbia, as well as the assignment of employees to work abroad, including policies, procedures and employment contracts, among other issues.
Vukovic & Partners’s practice covers several industry sectors, including IT, shipping and logistics, construction, ground handling services, mining, pharmaceuticals and commodities. With over 13 years’ experience in employment law, team head Aleksandra Ćalić Bošković routinely advises on day-to-day employment matters. Her practice also covers negotiations with trade unions on collective agreements and the rights of employees, preparing labour law-related legal opinions, and advising on work permits, employee referrals and labour disputes.
Other key lawyers:
‘The key capabilities of the employment team are knowledge, understanding of our difficulties, flexibility to adapt, quick reactions, and anticipation of constant market changes.‘
‘With their high-quality service, dedication, proactivity, fast responses and significant experience, they stand out from the crowd.‘
‘Straightforward and clear costs that are customised for our needs. The fact that the fee is always calculated and adapted to the specific circumstances in which we operate is something we really appreciate.‘
‘Great team that is very professional in its communications.‘
‘The approach of the employment department is tailored to our needs – they are solutions oriented and always ready to respond to our requests.‘
‘Aleksandra Ćalić Bošković is someone who stands out through her knowledge, understanding and dedication.‘
‘With continuous development, adaptability, proactiveness and experience, Aleksandra Ćalić Bošković and her team keep quality at the highest level.‘
‘Marijana Biševac provided us with extraordinary support whenever we needed it.‘
msg global digital
Faculty of Contemporary Arts
Nera Facility Management
Ocean Business Support
Food Koncept Catering
- Advised the senior management of DP World on a collective bargaining procedure.
- Assisted Goldair Handling with referring employees (who were employed in a foreign mother company) to work in Serbia.
- Advised Kostag on the legal framework and referral procedure for employees to work abroad.
Zivkovic & Samardzic Law Office
Zivkovic & Samardzic Law Office‘s employment practice is particularly active in advising on redundancies, management reorganisations, union negotiations, employment dispute resolution and executive terminations. The team also has expertise in the documenting of work condition amendments, disciplinary procedures, and assisting foreign management with immigration law matters. Heading up the employment department, Ana Popović regularly assists with labour law, foreigners’ rights and personal data protection matters. Popović also represents clients in labour disputes.
Other key lawyers:
‘I enjoy working with this firm – this is a complex jurisdiction and they are pragmatic and commercial with their advice.‘
‘Great collaboration, client relations and response speeds.‘
‘The employment practice of this firm is outstanding. It is very well staffed, with experts who go the extra mile to provide sound and reliable advice.‘
‘The team is very responsive, and delivers advice in a short timescale that is in a useful format and tailored to clients’ requirements. Working with this team is a real pleasure.‘
‘This practice stands out for its high levels of professionalism, prompt reactions, and approach to each issue from various perspectives, which give quality support to the decision-making process.‘
‘It is a solid and efficient team, and I would especially like to single out Ana Popović, who is very responsible, has a good sense for individual cases, and is flexible wherever possible. She is accurate and systematic.‘
‘With Ana Popović in the team I have the feeling that we understand each other very well and that her focus is on our core areas, so that the solutions and services the firm offers are at a level that suits us. I am very glad that we chose her as our partner for legal issues.‘
‘Jovana Jovanović is a dedicated, top-class employment lawyer, who handles complex and demanding cases.‘
Titan Cementara Kosjerić
Prva Televizija doo Beograd
- Advised Credo Ventures on the labour side of the acquisition of Trickest Hive.
- Advised Dr Oetker on employment and labour law compliance in Serbia.
- Advised Heineken Srbija on the labour aspects of the Covid-19 outbreak, redundancy procedures and amendments to the organisation of jobs within the company.