Employment in Poland
CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k.
The 'first-class' team at CMS, which is led by Katarzyna Dulewicz, handles the full spectrum of employment matters, with particular strength in the financial sector. The group's experience covers employment-related immigration issues, harassment cases including internal investigations, team moves and restructurings, sensitive dismissals and collective employment law. The practice also leverages the firm's strong international presence on cross-border projects. Pensions law is another area of expertise, where the team acts for pension schemes. Senior associate Maciej Andrzejewski has expertise in personnel issues, while counsel Tomasz Sancewicz is noted for his ability to handle advisory and contentious work.
‘The biggest strength of this practice is its practicality! Advice and guidance provided by the team is always professional, their risk analysis is thorough, and the solution proposed help my company stay – at the same time – compliant and agile.‘
‘Katarzyna Dulewicz has a very sharp mind, is succinct and practical in her advice. She engages directly in the matters and leads her team by showing best practices.‘
‘They are all very knowledgeable and experts of their field. They always understand the issue I turn to them with but they promptly schedule a call in case they would need further information.‘
The Boston Consulting Group
Pharmaceutical Research Associates (PRA)
- Advised Pekao on a trade union strategy, and on a particular conflict with unions.
- Advised Boston Consulting Group on the establishment of a bonus scheme.
- Assisted HBO with the termination of its CEO.
Specialist human resources firm Raczkowski is dedicated to advising and representing employers in Poland. The group handles the full range of employment matters including mobility and immigration work, working time issues, performance management mandates including benefits and bonus schemes and social security-related matters, as well as employment litigation. Founder and managing partner Bartłomiej Raczkowski leads the group, drawing on vast experience in the area. Katarzyna Dobkowska has developed a strong practice advising international clients on Polish labour law.
‘They think like business leaders, understand the needs of business, always take the challenge, communicate very clearly and deliver what is best for the client. They have experience and knowledge they use to offer diverse solutions.‘
‘Very well experienced and very professional. Focus on details and giving clear vision of risk and opportunities. In the area of labour code, I believe they are one of the most competent and reliable firms in Poland.‘
‘Katarzyna Dobkowska has great knowledge and experience, is very responsive and business oriented and knows our industry well.‘
Wardynski & Partners
Members of the 'high-quality' team at Wardynski & Partners are praised by clients for their ability to 'think outside of the box' on employment issues. Litigation is a key area of expertise and the group has substantial experience representing and defending employers. The team also stands out for its advisory practice, which regularly assists domestic and international clients with team moves, reorganisations and restructurings, including the related dismissals. Other capabilities include global mobility and business immigration issues and matters related to data protection. Agnieszka Lisiecka jointly heads up the department, and specialises in litigation and individual and collective labour law issues; Szymon Kubiak also leads the group.
‘Its really nice to observe how the employment team cooperate with different teams from different legal practices.‘
‘Agnieszka Lisiecka is always business oriented, always keeps deadlines, and is a good partner for discussions.’
‘Strong support, dedication and goal orientation. Young, dynamic and highly professional team.‘
‘I fully trust them.‘
Sealed Air Polska
JMP Flowers Ptaszek Spółka Jawna
FORTUNA online zakłady bukmacherskie
Constantia Flexibles International
SCJ Johnson Polska
Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
KK Wind Solutions
- Advised Verifone on a post-acquisition employment restructuring.
- Assisting a client with an employment restructuring involving collective dismissals.
- Acting for a client in cases relating to accusations of soliciting employees and an employee’s claim to be reinstated.
Wojewodka i Wspolnicy Sp.k.
Wojewodka i Wspolnicy Sp.k. is an employment boutique, which handles matters including collective and individual labour law issues, employee benefits and trade union relations. The group also specialises in pensions law, wage negotiations and business restructurings. Founding partner Marcin Wojewódka leads the team and stands out for his employee benefits practice. Alicja Pawelec is the name to note for employment litigation, while counsel Adrian Prusik leads on pensions issues. Izabela Zawacka left the firm in 2019.
‘Great knowledge in labour law matters, as well as practical experience before the courts.‘
‘Marcin Wojewodka is a very experienced lawyer with a lot of expertise in litigation and restructuring projects.‘
Baker & McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa's team is noted for providing day-to-day advice on a range of issues including HR policies, dismissals, employment restructurings and industrial relations. The team has established an employment litigation sub-group, which has a strong track record in representing employers before the Polish courts. Managing partner Piotr Rawski heads up the department alongside counsel Michał Lisawa, who arrived from CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k. and specialises in sensitive terminations and redundancies, data protection in HR, bonus schemes and discrimination and harassment cases.
‘Exceptional quality of of legal assistance – including knowledge, availability, communication, reaction time.‘
‘Piotr Rawski has exceptional experience in supporting his client in contact with trade unions – day to day communication, collective disputes, and CBA negotiations. His abilities as a negotiator are excellent.‘
Standard Chartered Bank
- Assisting Amazon with a wide range of employment matters, including day-by-day advice for Amazon HR and Legal on individual employment cases as well as supporting Amazon Legal with strategic advice on the implementation of global and regional policies.
- Comprehensive advice to EY Global Services on a large global outsourcing project, which resulted in a transfer of a significant number of employees to a third-party company in Poland.
- Advising Swarovski GBS on the establishment of employee pension plans.
Baran Książek & Bigaj
Baran Książek & Bigaj is an employment boutique based in Kraków, and provides employment advice to major international corporates including Ikea, and represents clients in litigation. Contentious work, which comprises a major part of the practice, includes handling matters before the Polish Supreme Court, in addition to experience in proceedings before the Polish Commissioner for Human Rights, the Ministry of Justice and the National Labour Inspectorate. The firm also has exclusive cooperation agreements with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP and Littler Mendelson, P.C.. The team is led by seasoned litigator Daniel Książek. In 2019, Marcin Wujczyk left for Wardynski & Partners, and Paweł Krzykowski joined from Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k..
‘The firm is characterised by the savvy mix of problem-solving legal skills and strong business acumen.‘
‘Daniel Książek has strong employment law expertise and approach to understanding business.‘
‘The partners speak very good English, their advice is business orientated and they always find time to speak with us. They are very professional, yet being friendly to all our employees who reach out to them.‘
Santander Bank Polska
Bank Ochrony Środowiska
BNP Paribas Bank Polska
Credit Agricole Bank Polska
DHL Express Poland
LG Electronics Mława
PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna
PKC Group Poland
PKO Bank Polski
PORR Polska Infrastruture
FedEx Express Poland International
TNT Express Worldwide (Poland)
- Defended IDEAK in proceedings before the Polish Commissioner for Human Rights, the Ministry of Justice and the National Labour Inspectorate in a case regarding the dismissal of an anti-LGBT employee.
- Assisted an energy company with the termination of a collective labour agreement and acted in a related dispute.
- Assisted a pharmaceuticals company with an internal anti-mobbing investigation into the activities of high-level managers.
Chajec, Don-Siemion & Zyto Legal Advisors has niche expertise in advising multinationals on their shared-services hubs in Poland, with a high-profile client roster, which includes AON and Booking.com. The group, which is co-led by Ewa Don-Siemion and Piotr Kryczek, is well-versed in cross-border employment matters, optimising employment costs and working time issues, outsourcings, group layoffs and foreign secondments.
‘The advisors presented all discussed topics with expertise and clarity, and of course great examples.’
‘Most of all we cooperate with Ewa Don-Siemion, who is the most professional, open and amiable person in one. Her vast knowledge and experience combined with great interpersonal skills and very high culture make her a perfect person to cooperate with.’
Alexander Mann Solutions
Schibsted Tech Polska
- Advising AON on employment issues relating to the establishment of a shared service centre in Poland including the implementation of a hiring strategy.
- Providing ongoing advice to Computacenter Poland on employment and labour law, including advice on developing the strategy of growth in Poznan.
- Advising Booking.com on all employment issues relating to its business service centre in Poland.
The Dentons employment and labour team draws on the firm's strong international presence to provide clients with cross-border advice on contentious and non-contentious issues. The group's main focus areas include employment restructurings, the implementation of flexible and tax efficient employment structures, crisis management issues, as well as coordinating projects across the CEE region. The department is led by experienced employment generalist Aleksandra Minkowicz-Flanek. In 2019, Agnieszka Fedor departed to Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak.
‘Exceptional knowledge and psychological understanding, what is extremely valuable in HR-related issues, great experience, perfect cooperation with clients, deep involvement.‘
‘Highly qualified professionals with strong interpersonal skills.‘
Generali CEE Holding
Johnson & Johnson Poland
Europol Meble Polska
Spectrum Cannabis Polska
The standalone employment team at DLA Piper comprises employment experts and tax advisers, who support clients with day-to-day employee management issues and risks. Areas of expertise include trade union law and employee relations, employee benefit schemes, pensions and restructurings. Dispute resolution is another area where the team stands out, with knowledge of restrictive covenants, discrimination cases and labour disputes. The Warsaw office also regularly acts as a hub for employment issues around the CEE region. Agnieszka Lechman-Filipiak leads the team, which includes senior associate Dominika Nowak, who focuses on employment contracts and incentive schemes.
‘Openness, excellent communication, availability.‘
‘Very responsive and service-oriented team, with excellent service levels and will allocate the best person for each request.‘
‘Dominika Nowak is brilliant, she’s very responsive and delivers spot-on advice on anything employment law. She assists us on a regular basis; she is efficient and understands the ask.‘
‘Agnieszka Lechman-Filipiak provides great, practical and thorough advice. Superb English. Extremely quick and responsive.‘
Cushman & Wakefield
Levi Strauss Poland
- Advising Credit Suisse Poland on employment-related matters, including implementing internal policies, benefit schemes, working time issues, employment terminations, secondments, grievance and equality issues, options for engaging individuals, outsourcings, compliance matters and litigation.
- Advising Discovery on an employee pension scheme, the change of provider of a private pension scheme, various aspects of the Polish equivalent of the TUPE regulations in connection with the acquisition of TVN from Scripps, internal compliance issues and investigations regarding TVN (a Polish TV and news broadcaster), employment terminations and the engagement of key staff.
- Advising Michelin on the change of the service provider that managed the company’s employee pension plan.
Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka provides clients with a broad range of expertise, regularly handling day-to-day labour law and social security issues, as well as matters relating to tax, unfair competition and criminal law. Other areas where the team, led by Bogusław Kapłon, adds value are collective work relations, personnel recruitment issues, restructurings and reintegrations, and health and safety policies. The group also regularly assists clients with business immigration mandates. Agata Mierzwa specialises in labour and social security law.
- Providing day-to-day employment advice to Toyota in relation to its activities in Poland.
Zawirska Ruszczyk Gąsior radcowie prawni i adwokaci sp. p.
Zawirska Ruszczyk Gąsior radcowie prawni i adwokaci sp. p. is an employment boutique jointly founded by Krzysztof Gąsior and 'top labour lawyer' Patrycja Zawirska. The group's client roster includes major Polish and international corporates, including The Walt Disney Company and QVC, which the group advises on the full range of employment issues. In 2019, the group strengthened its employment disputes practice with the recruitment of Grzegorz Ruszczyk from Raczkowski Paruch.
‘The boutique provides full-service employment law advice. Very strong, professional team and easy to work with. Their work is always completed to a very high standard.‘
‘Patrycja Zawirska is an extremely competent and intelligent lawyer, true expert in her field. She can find very good and workable solutions even in the most difficult situations. She understands the practical needs of the businesses.‘
‘High value legal advisory; highest legal merits; customer care quality; individual approach and understanding of customer challenges; ability to put advice into its commercial context.‘
The Walt Disney Company
Roche Diabetes Care Polska
Szybka Kolej Miejska (SKM)
Alma Career Oy
Semmelrock Stein + Desing
- Advised The Walt Disney Company on all Polish employment aspects of its worldwide merger with Fox.
- Advising Roche Diabetes Care Polska on all employment-related matters.
- Advising QVC’s Polish subsidiary on all employment and labour law issues.
A Sobczyk i Wspólpracownicy Law Offices
Founding partner Arkadiusz Sobczyk leads the Krakow-based team at boutique firm A Sobczyk i Wspólpracownicy Law Offices. Core areas for the group are employee-related personal data audits, employee transfers and restructuring issues. Alina Giżejowska is a specialist in trade union disputes and industrial relations mandates.
Clifford Chance's team, led by counsel Tomasz Derda, covers the full spectrum of employment matters, with substantial experience advising corporate clients on employment restructurings including the related negotiations with trade unions. The group is also active in disputes including bullying and discrimination cases, as well as advising on HR critical incidents including fatal accidents at work.
Bridgepoint Advisers Limited
CBRE Global Investors and CBRE Global Investors Administration
Mentor Graphics Poland
- Advised Hoist Group on the complex employment aspects of the acquisition of a portfolio of receivables owned by Noble TFI funds and managed by GetBack.
- Polish counsel to Prologis on all aspects of employment law.
- Advised Allegro.pl on the termination of employment of its CEO and the employment of a new CEO.
Eversheds Sutherland Wierzbowski's core areas of expertise span labour disputes, employment restructuring issues including employee transfers, collective and individual redundancies, dismissals and incentive schemes. The group also advises on working time requirements, the posting of employees abroad and privacy issues, and conducts internal employment-related audits. Ewa Łachowska-Brol is the department head, while counsel Adam Nierzwicki is noted for his knowledge of employment agreements, as well as employment and social insurance litigation.
AB Foods Polska
Sakura Finetek Europe
Sims Recycling Solutions
Gide Loyrette Nouel's employment and labour disputes team handles a wide variety of work including employment-related audits, employee incentive plans, social packages and collective bargaining agreements, as well as trade union negotiations. It also has experience in assisting with employment restructurings and collective lay-offs, as well as acting in litigation before the Polish courts. Banking and finance lawyer Paweł Grześkowiak heads up the team, while litigator Joanna Jasiewicz specialises in labour law and social insurance issues.
KGHM Polska Miedź
P3 Logistic Parks
Willis Towers Watson
Transport i Logistyka Polska
XPO Transport Solutions
Greenberg Traurig Grzesiak sp. k. advises corporates on a variety of matters, including employment restructurings, mass redundancies, management contracts and share option schemes. The group also regularly leverages the firm's international office network across Europe and the US to handle cross-border matters. Anna Hałas-Krawczyk heads up the team and is a specialist in top-level management contracts and the associated incentive plans.
‘Anna Hałas-Krawczyk has great experience in relevant sectors of the market coupled with functional expertise. Very good balance of business and legal.’
‘Their comments and advice were thoughtful and they made useful inputs in the environment of dynamic negotiations.‘
‘The team has unique in-depth knowledge of matters related to top executive compensation, as well as disputes.‘
Abris Capital Partners
CVC Capital Partners
Madison International Realty
Porsche Inter Auto Polska
- Advised Showmax CEE on the employment restructuring related to the closure of its operations in Poland and CEE.
- Advised Innova Capital on issues related to management incentive schemes.
- Advising Chipita Polska on all employment law aspects relating to the company’s operations, in particular assisting with relations with the trade union, including negotiations with the trade union, termination of employment contracts with senior managers and handling employment disputes.
Sadkowski I Wspólnicy combines employment, labour and immigration law expertise to assist a wide variety of clients with operations in Poland relating to recruitments, terminations and labour relations. A particular area of focus for the group is the employment of foreign nationals in Poland, and it is well-equipped to assist clients with business and labour immigration issues. The group is jointly led by Marzena Łabędź and immigration specialist Michał Wysłocki.
‘Intensively engaged team, strongly committed. On-time realisation at high quality.‘
‘The Labour Law Department is made up of people with great substantive competences.‘
‘They are very much business oriented. Highly skilled and professional, great knowledge deriving from the court practice. Always strive to find best solution to combine both legal and business needs.‘
Akzo Nobel Decorative Paints
Polska Grupa Lotnicza
LS Airport Services
PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe
Komenda Główna Straży Ochrony Kolei
KNAUF IT SERVICES POLSKA
Pekao Bank Hipoteczny
GROUPON SHARED SERVICES POLAND
Circle K Business Centre Poland
- Advising Przewozy Regionalne on the preparation of strategies for talks with trade union organisations on the subject of remuneration rise.
- Conducting audits in the field of labour law for the Polska Grupa Lotnicza companies.
- Representing PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe Komenda Główna SOK in a dispute with a former employee who demanded reinstatement to work in a case in which the company’s business secrets were breached.
Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak's employment group focuses on transactional matters and disputes, as well as handling contractual issues including terminations, collective matters and redundancies. The team also regularly handles employee investigations, employee dismissals and litigation. The team is jointly led by Agnieszka Fedor, who arrived from Dentons in mid-2019, and Roch Pałubicki.
‘The customer service is excellent. Always able to support, no matter the time. Great experience in collective disputes.’
LG Chem Poland
- Advised Solaris Bus & Coach and its owners on the employment aspects of an investment by Construcciones y Auxiliar de Ferrocarriles.
- Represented EDF International in a dispute with PGE related to indemnity claims regarding social security dues following from the sale of a number of power plants in Poland.
The employment practice at Squire Patton Boggs Krześniak sp.k. works closely with the firm's European office network to handle employment cross-border matters including company expansions into the Polish market. The group is also regularly instructed on employee dismissals, labour relations and corporate reorganisations. Małgorzata Grzelak heads up the team.
‘The team is extremely knowledgeable on all Polish Employment issues and they apply that knowledge in a commercial manner. Their English is excellent and the level of understanding of cultural issues, in particular the differences between the English (and indeed American) ways of doing things and those in Poland.‘
‘Małgorzata Grzelak is very experienced and knowledgeable. She is familiar with trends and what employers (both Polish and UK/US firms) are doing, say in terms of hiring or rewarding staff and she will share this with me to help me come up with creative solutions for our Poland office.‘
‘They are very responsive, and combine in-depth knowledge of Polish employment law with a commercial and international perspective.‘
Wiewiórski Legal's team stands out for employment advisory work including advising on internal regulations, trade union relations, employee recruitment, redundancies and transfers. The group also regularly represents clients in claims arising from workplace accidents and acts for management board members in cases concerning offences against employee rights. Business immigration, and work and residence permits are also areas of expertise for the practice. Founding partner Marek Maciej Wiewiórski, who has extensive experience in employment restructurings, co-leads the department with Magdalena Szeptycka, who was promoted to partner in 2019.
‘My concerns are listened to very carefully, interviewed in depth, analysed and converted into comprehensive content.‘
‘They always provide recommendations that combine the legal and business aspects of a case. Responsibility and expertise are visible in all interactions with the lawyers of the firm.‘
‘Pro-activeness is a really important strength of the team. They come back with the points you might miss normally, which make our company’s life much easier and less risky.‘
AI Digital (Knowable)
- Providing comprehensive advice to Axiom Global on a complex spin-off transaction resulting in the creation of a new employer and the transfer of employees to the new employer (TUPE).
- Day-to-day employment assistance to AXA Stenman.
- Provided employment-related advice to Acturis relating to an investment into the company by Astorg.
The team at Wolf Theiss is well integrated into the firm's wider European offering, allowing it to provide advice to its international client-base on a regional basis. The group is led by Peter Daszkowski , co-managing partner of the firm in Poland, who specialises in labour law issues including privatisations, negotiations with trade unions and labour agreements. Senior associate Agnieszka Nowak-Błaszczak is another name to note for collective and individual employment matters, such as social insurance law and employment litigation.
- Assisting HedgeServ, a firm that provides accounting and administration outsourcing services to the financial industry, in establishing its presence on the Polish market through the creation of a branch
Bird & Bird Szepietowski i wspólnicy sp. k. focuses its employment expertise on clients in the technology sector, advising on HR compliance projects and handling sensitive negotiations and mediations with employees and social partners including trade unions, works councils and European works councils. Karolina Stawicka heads up the team.
‘Together, they form a complementary team able to solve any legal problem relating to employment.‘
‘I was impressed with Karolina Stawicka’s knowledge, her ability to establish good client relationships, as well as her ability to explain difficult legal concepts in an accessible way.‘
‘Paulina Grotkowska-Harrington is a masterful negotiator.‘
Lexmark International Technology
Cadence Design Systems
- Advising Prime Staff on Polish employment issues including hiring temporary staff in Poland; establishing and registering a Polish branch; and supporting its registration as a temporary work agency.
- Assisting Coca-Cola group with comprehensive employment advice relating to its Polish operations.
- Advised Ominicom Group Poland on updates to its HR policies and procedures.
BWW Banasik Wozniak i Wspólnicy Sp.K. stands out for its knowledge of individual and collective labour law, and is regularly instructed by corporates, including LOT Polish Airlines, to act in collective labour disputes involving trade unions. Other areas of expertise include social security and civil law, and the group is well placed to advise on day-to-day employment issues, as well as the secondment of Polish and local employees working abroad, and the employment of foreigners in Poland. The practice is led by the highly experienced Aleksandra Woźniak, and fields senior associate Karolina Lisiecka, who handles issues related to individual employment relationships and collective employment law.
‘Outstanding approach to the client, very well qualified lawyers with upscale skills.‘
‘Remarkable knowledge and expertise in the field of collective labour law and reliable advice on relations with trade unions.‘
‘Aleksandra Woźniak is calm and self-confident, she is a good support in crisis situations, helping to promote legal and rational, not emotional, argumentation.‘
Polskie Linie Lotnicze LOT
LOT Aircraft Maintenance Services
Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych (ZUS) – The National Insurance Institution
Tire Eco Fuel
Bilfinger Industrial Services Polska
Gas Storage Poland
Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne
- Advised LOT Polish Airlines on its participation in the creation of the new judicial line by the Supreme Court regarding the admissibility of the unilateral repeal of the Rules of Remuneration and acted for the client in a collective dispute with trade unions.
- Represented Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych in a collective dispute with trade unions regarding issues related to labour and public finance law.
- Advised a variety of corporates, including Tire Eco Fuel and Synevo, on internal labour documentation.
EY Law takes a multi-disciplinary approach to employment matters, drawing on the firm's tax, accounting, financial advisory and human capital departments. Services include GDPR compliance support, advice on M&A and integration projects, and the implementation of pension and remuneration schemes. Corporate lawyer Zuzanna Zakrzewska jointly leads the team with Konstanty Dobiejewski.
‘It is a very professional team, that responds very quickly to any request or question. They are always on hand to help.‘
‘Konstanty Dobiejewski has great experience, is well-mannered, professional and always available. He is quick to react to any changes in the law or any legal matters.‘
EY Doradztwo Podatkowe Krupa
Ernst & Young Law
Spencer Stuart Star Poland
Toyota Boshoku Legnica
Eberspächer Climate Control Systems
- Advised Wago Elwag on all non-contentious labour law matters.
- Advising Mine Master on the reorganisation of HR processes and internal documentation in relation to GDPR rules.
- Supported the Broen Group with all HR matters arising from a downstream merger.
The team at Hogan Lovells (Warszawa) LLP is highly integrated into the firm's international practice and is also able to draw on other departments in the Warsaw offices to provide a full, cross-border employment service. The group is regularly instructed on cross-border M&A transactions, and assists with employment matters at the intersection of tax and IP. It is also able to handle labour investigations and compliance programmes in cooperation with the white-collar and fraud practice group. The department is coordinated by corporate head Marek Wroniak and day-to-day issues are led by senior associate Agnieszka Szczodra-Hajduk.
‘Very experienced team with a super pragmatic and practical approach.‘
‘Marek Wroniak is a trusted adviser to global corporates; Agnieszka Szczodra-Hajduk is immensely knowledgeable, super responsive and reliable, solution oriented and highly experienced in working with global corporates.‘
TI Poland / TI Automotive
- Advising BNP Paribas on various employment issues related to its day-to-day business operation and integration processes in Poland.
- Providing Equinix Poland with comprehensive employment advice.
- Advising Mylan and its Polish affiliates on employment law, working time and non-competition issues as well as protection against dismissal.
At Linklaters, the team is led by managing associate Monika Krzyszkowska-Dąbrowska, who joined the firm from Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak in late 2018. The practice spans all areas of employment and labour law, with a focus on group restructurings, collective redundancies, business transfers, share option plans and negotiations with trade unions; managing associate Agnieszka Maj-Żuk stands out for the latter. The group is also noted for its expertise in sensitive employment issues including the termination of key employees and whistleblowing matters.
‘The team is available when needed; reactive; respects deadlines.‘
‘Agnieszka Maj-Żuk has extensive knowledge of the field of labour law. She also has negotiating skills and a great sense of the situation. She is resistant to stress during long negotiations.‘
Bain & Company
BPI Real Estate
Neovia Logistics Services LLC
CRH – Grupa Ożarów
Dywidag Systems International
- Advised Dywidag Systems International on employment issues arising from an M&A transaction.
- Advising a client on the establishment and operation of a shared service centre.
- Advised a client on the employment aspects of an organisational restructuring, including the termination of key employees.
Noerr's employment and pensions team is particularly focused on advising international companies with operations in Poland on employment issues, often handling multi-jurisdictional matters for German clients and companies based in the CEE region. The department is led by Radosław Biedecki, who is an expert in employment issues arising out of reorganisations and restructurings.
‘Lawyers, tax and management consultants are recognised experts in their specialist areas; substantive knowledge of the industry; highly qualified and experienced team.‘
‘Katarzyna Zwierz-Wilkocka is an expert in the field of employment and pensions. She showed great knowledge and professional preparation. Her presentation was clear and understandable.‘
‘Professional attitude, great engagement, availability.‘
Valeo Siemens eAutomotive
Toi Toi / ADCO Group
Transposafe /Brady Corporation
HSM & Co
- Handling the implementation of the Employee Pension Program (EPP) for Valeo Siemens eAutomotive entity in Czechowice-Dziedzice.
- Advised ADCO Group on the termination of several employment contracts with several key employees (including the management board) in connection with a serious violation of the basic duties of those employees.
- Advised Transposafe Poland on planned lay-offs of its Polish employees.
Penteris' team provides the full scope of employment and labour advice, including issues relating to transactions, collective labour law, social security and cross-border labour projects; it also represents companies and individual employees in litigation. The group has also developed a niche in assisting clients in the retail and IP-intensive sectors. Agnieszka Pytlas is the department head.
‘I have always received timely and well-structured advice for any matter I have referred to the firm.‘
‘Agnieszka Pytlas is a very experienced lawyer and I appreciate her strategic approach; Jeremiasz Kuśmierz is always very responsive and provides very complete advice.‘
‘Agnieszka Pytlas is the standout lawyer.‘
DSM Nutritional Products
- Providing comprehensive, on-going assistance to DSM Nutritional Products on the full range of its HR and employment needs in Poland.
- Advised Henri Lloyd on its restructuring, including employment matters in Poland.
- Representing three former members of the management board of a Polish joint-stock company which went bankrupt, in disputes with a Bulgarian listed company which was its business partner.
WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr's team works closely with other departments at the firm to provide employment advice on domestic and international M&A and restructuring mandates; it also handles collective redundancies and employment litigation. Wioleta Polak takes the lead, with experience in individual and collective labour relations, pay structures in the banking industry and collective redundancies, as well as transactional employment issues.
‘High quality work, giving quick feedback, ensure high standard services, thinking creatively.‘
‘Wioleta Polak is reliable, highly responsive and good at resolving our problems.‘
Aviation Support Poland