Labour and employment in Peru
Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados is a stalwart of Peruvian labour law, dominating large-scale collective bargaining procedures in the heavily unionised mining sector, and handling labour structuring, redundancies and litigation on behalf of some of the country's largest companies. Clients highlight the 'well organised' and 'united’ team that provides 'out-of-the-box and practical, customised solutions’. It is led by market frontrunners José Balta, who is currently advising a well-known company on salary equality, and Mario Pasco, who recently led advice to a leading mining company with regard to strike action. The 18-strong team also includes Ernesto Cárdenas, described as a 'luxury’ to have at the union bargaining table, and senior associate Iván Blume, who specialises in corporate immigration, discrimination, cross-border labour issues and privacy matters.
‘The firm is the best on the market without a doubt, both at partner level and the excellent associates it has.’
‘Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano – Abogados has top-notch professionals, technically proficient and very customer-oriented.’
‘They have the ability to translate a technical/legal foundation into advice that provides clarity that is easy to understand, as well as a practical recommendation that can be actionable. José Balta has been our leading advisor.’
‘They are a united team that talks regularly to each other, so when you give a request to one of the lawyers, it complements information with the rest of their team and even from other areas, to provide much more comprehensive advice. They are well organised and respect the deadlines that they set. The answers are out-of-the-box and practical, customised solutions. They are not a team that only reads the law to you and interprets it for you, they are an ally because they go much further.’
‘Ernesto Cárdenas stands out for his leadership, patience, working understanding and for being available 24/7; when you ask for advice, he is able to connect possible problems with situations that happened one or two years ago to prevent them from coming back. He is an excellent advisor and having him at a union bargaining table is a luxury – an intelligent person, easy to reach and conciliatory.’
Southern Peru Copper
Compañía Minera Antamina
- Advising several of the top-ten mining companies in the country in opposing the request for a centralised collective bargaining procedure started by the National Federation of Mining, Metal and Steel Workers of Peru.
- Represented Compañía Minera Antamina on its entire collective bargaining procedure, recognised as a landmark agreement in relations with the union.
- Acted for Avon Products on its second collective bargaining procedure with its labour union, resulting in a two-year agreement.
- Advised Activ International on the termination of all its employees upon its dissolution and liquidation.
- Ongoing advice to Southern Peru Copper Corporation on all its collective bargaining procedures with seven labour unions across its three operations.
Labour law boutique Vinatea & Toyama relaunched in September 2019, staffed by the pre-eminent team formerly at Miranda & Amado, which originally absorbed the firm 18 years ago. Such is the pedigree of the partners at the firm that it is already widely perceived as a market frontrunner. Jorge Toyama is considered a benchmark among Peruvian labour lawyers, an expert in labour relations, collective and individual conflict management and labour litigation. Luis Vinatea is a leading figure, noted for his deep expertise in dispute resolution and the design of judicial and arbitration strategies. They lead a 32-strong team, including seven partners, providing a diverse range of labour law advice, from collective bargaining and high-stakes arbitration and litigation to labour force restructuring and health and safety. Other names to note include: Alfredo Luis Salvador, who excels in collective bargaining matters; and Magaly Alarcón , known for her disputes work.
Banco de Crédito del Perú
Minera Aurífera Retamas
Arca Continental Lindley
EY Peru is highly respected in this field for its comprehensive practice of business-critical labour law matters, including collective bargaining, redundancy planning and high-stakes litigation. The practice is led by two full-time specialists: José Ignacio Castro, who has advised on labour law, social security and immigration law for over 25 years; and Mauro Antonio Ugaz, who advises on all aspects of labour law, including labour tax and social security. They steer a well-resourced team that acts for a domestic and global client base that includes Telefónica del Perú, Glencore, Minera Barrick Misquichilca and Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
Telefónica del Perú
Minera Barrick Misquichilca
Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
Muñiz, Olaya, Meléndez, Castro, Ono & Herrera Abogados fields a large team across its ten national offices, the only firm in the market able to serve the regional labour courts in this way. An impressive five partners and 22 associates comprise the team led by vastly experienced Ricardo Herrera, who also has pensions and social security law expertise. Other names to note include César Puntriano, who is defending Ericsson, Nestlé and Telefónica del Perú - among others - in judicial labour proceedings throughout the country; and María del Pilar Florez, a labour and employment specialist with over 15 years' experience in the sector.
Telefónica del Peru
APM Terminals Callao
APM Inland Services
Operadora De Gas
Salaverry Terminal Internacional
Lindley (Inca Kola)
San Miguel Global
- Advising Grupo Energía Bogotá (GEB) and its Peruvian subsidiaries – Gas Natural De Lima Y Callao (Calidda), CONTUGAS and ElectroDunas – on all labour law matters including representation before the labour judicial courts.
- Ongoing representation of Nestlé Peru in collective bargaining with six unions; and assisting the company before the Ministry of Labour in contentious matters before the labour courts and Labour Inspection Superintendence (SUNAFIL).
- Defending Telefónica del Peru in various judicial labour diputes throughout the country.
- Representing Backus-AB InBev in judicial labour proceedings initiated by a former contractor’s employees, regarding incorporation onto the client’s payroll.
Philippi Prietocarrizosa Ferrero DU & Uria has been engaged in succession planning for its acclaimed labour law practice: in January 2020 it absorbed the highly-regarded labour law boutique, Gonzales Hunt Abogados Laboralistas, comprising top-notch labour lawyer César Gonzales Hunt and his team. The aim is for existing practice head, unions/collective bargaining tsar Jaime Zavala to hand the baton to Hunt on retirement. The combined line-up now includes up-and-coming partner Pamela Navarro and principal associates Lidia Vilchez and Alicia Jimenez. An extensive resume includes two successes in the Supreme Court during the past year and a protracted but successfully resolved collective bargaining process on behalf of Aceros Arequipa.
Fox Media Networks Perú
Credicorp Capital Servicios Financieros
IBM del Perú
Autopista del Norte
Operadora de Carreteras
Orica Mining Services
- Acted for Fox Media Networks Perú on the labour strategy of its corporate reorganisation, including employment termination.
- Represented Aceros Arequipa in a collective bargaining process that led to a labour arbitration with both of its unions, subsequently resolved with the principal union back at the negotiating table without recourse to the arbitration ruling.
- Acting for Zetech (Turecibo.com) on the development of the first electronic system for virtual employment documents in Peru, including consultation with the Ministry of Labour and Employment and obtaining subsquent approval of the system.
- Successfully defended electricity company Electro Sur Este in the Supreme Court in a claim brought by a former employee and board member of a main works union regarding alleged unpaid expenses and benefits.
Pre-eminent labour lawyer Víctor Ferro leads a stellar practice at Rubio Leguía Normand, staffed by a heavyweight team of 26 lawyers spread across three national offices. It includes fellow partners Armando Gutiérrez and Sandro Núñez, both highly experienced in the field with 35 years in the sector between them. Clients highlight the team's skill in negotiating high-risk cases, personalised service and 'impeccable performance’, while practice strengths include collective bargaining and large-scale litigation. Highlights of the past year included successful collective bargaining processes for American Airlines, Minera Yanacocha and Petrólera Transoceánica and representing Mapfre Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros in the Supreme Court.
‘There are several factors that make the labour practice at Rubio Leguía Normand successful and unique: they have experience in handling complex labour issues and provide a personalised advice; the lawyers are professional and attentive and handle the negotiation of high-risk cases; they are committed to the principles and values of our company and have a solid command of labour law.’
‘We work with Armando Gutiérrez and Angel Ramírez Chavez . Armando is a partner with a great knowledge of labour issues. His keenness to design and execute successful labour and judicial strategies stands out. He offers me several options to solve a query or face a labour process and is a talented negotiator. Angel is a principal associate with many capacities and is in full swing. He stands out for his commitment to the client the excellent approach to solving our doubts and find optimal solutions.’
‘Rubio Leguía Normand is recognised for the personal and professional quality of its lawyers and has remained so throughout the years. Its prestige is based on ethics and the values they have demonstrated in the advice given to their client companies, and for the impeccable performance of their lawyers in the processes before public and private bodies.’
‘It can advise its client companies anywhere in the country and at any time.’
‘The firm has a group of people who show that they work in a team very well, communicate and have a passion for the client. You feel cared for at all times, and if the partner is not there, there are people trained in the matter in the team with a sense of excellent service quality to the client.’
‘I would like to highlight Armando Gutiérrez for his commitment and leadership in labour consulting and for his ability to propose the most appropriate strategies for his clients, accompanying them unconditionally throughout the process.’
‘The expertise of the firm’s team, in the area of our type of business is a highlight. They have a lot of experience in the subject and know how to face the problems that come our way.’
‘Víctor Ferro is the partner with whom we work and he has a lot of experience in labour and union matters. This makes him a very good asset in the market.’
Pacífico Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
Mapfre Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros
Asociación Peruana de Empresas de Seguros – APESEG
Minera Barrick Misquichilca
Consorcio Minero Horizonte
ACS Infraestructuras Perú
Metro de Lima Línea 2
Hitachi Rail STS
Hitachi Rail Italy
Globelec del Perú
- Successfully represented Minera Yanacocha (Newmont) in a sensitive collective bargaining process, reaching agreement within budget and without strike action or labour disputes.
- Acted for Petrólera Transoceánica in negotiating a successful collective bargaining agreement with the crew union of Naviera Transocéanica.
- Representing Mapfre Compañía de Seguros y Reaseguros in more than 300 judicial proceedings in different court forums, including the Supreme Court and Constitutional Court, related to social security and other labour matters.
- Advised American Airlines in a collective bargaining process that successfully secured a three year agreement.
CMS Grau has a broad practice providing corporate support, collective bargaining, reorganisation of labour structures, labour law audits (including health and safety) and large-volume judicial and administrative disputes. It is advising global companies, including Shell, Unilever and Baker Hughes, on the implementation of new sexual harassment obligations following legal changes in Peru, work led by practice head Claudia Flecha and fellow partner Cecilia Vargas. Flecha's team comprises two partners, six associates and experienced counsel José Burgos.
‘They are detailed and cautious in their advice.’
‘Claudia Flecha provides practical solutions to very rigid labour issues. She avoids getting into complicated procedures and seeks to give us simple solutions. She knows the law well and keeps up to date.’
Baker Hughes International Operations del Perú
Rio Tinto Group
Schlumberger del Perú
Shell Operaciones Perú
- Acting for several companies – Shell, Unilever, Petrex, Schlumberger, Top Rank, Baker Hughes, Itochu – on the implementation of working plans regarding sexual harassment, in accordance with new labour law obligations.
- Advising Pluspetrol Norte in collective bargaining with its workers’ union, where union demands amount to an economic value of $830,000.
- Handling over 400 judicial litigation cases on behalf of Petrex.
Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International
Monica Pizarro Diaz brings deep knowledge of contentious and non-contentious labour strategy to the offering at Estudio Echecopar member firm of Baker McKenzie International, where she leads an associate team of seven on a broad range of matters. They include hot-topic audits, such as sexual harassment and equal pay for household-name multinationals, corporate transactions involving largescale workforces, and a range of judicial and administrative conflicts. Elizabeth Zamudio and Luis Miguel Almendariz are experienced associates who regularly advise on key matters.
- Advising Alicorp on an equal pay audit; a demanding instruction due to the large number of employees and complexity of the client’s compensation strategy.
- Defended Supermercados Peruanos in judicial proceedings concerning an allegation of sexual harassment.
- Acted for Nielsen on the labour law aspects of its acquisition of CCR Company.
Hernández & Cía. Abogados has solid practice advising on all key aspects of labour law, including compliance and risk management. Clients rate the team's technical knowledge, fast response times and personalised advice highly, while 'the service is of high quality like any top firm in Lima’. Michael Vidal is experienced in both advisory and litigious labour law matters, and manages a team of five associates, among whom Diego Castillo is highlighted; both are 'excellent professionals’.
‘The team is similar to other law firms, although the difference is the ability to respond quickly and to produce clear reports.’
‘They produce fast answers, especially Diego Castillo.’
‘Michael Vidal and Diego Castillo are excellent professionals; they answered my queries and doubts at all times and always followed up on the cases assigned to them, in addition to solving all the problems that arose.’
‘Their strengths are market knowledge and experience they have in these types of cases.’
‘They stand out for their level of closeness to the client and the ability to adapt to our needs.’
‘Strong points are the personalised service and quick response, as well as technical knowledge of the workplace. Definitely the service is of high quality like any top firm in Lima.’
‘The plus is the personalised service and quick answers. Michael Vidal is the partner that leads all legal advice, arranging the firm’s resources to provide the best service. Maria Claudia Polo is an excellent lawyer, always present when we need her, with timely and quality responses.’
The Carlyle Group
Interseguro Compañia de Seguros
Michael Page International Peru
Liderman (J&V Resguardo)
Procter & Gamble
The Abraaj Group
Instituo Peruano de Acción Empresarial
General Electric International Peru
- Representing Petrex in over 50 litigation procedures relating to profit sharing.
- Advising Naviera Transoceánica on labour matters including labour benefits, hiring procedures, disciplinary aspects and migratory services.
- Representing Yobel, a supply chain management company, in arbitraton to resolve the collective bargaining process between Yobel and its union.
Miranda & Amado
Miranda & Amado is rebuilding its labour law practice following the departure of its core senior team, including five partners, to the relaunched boutique Vinatea & Toyama. A younger generation of lawyers, led by 'very willing and empathetic’ partner Eric Castro, continues to provide a high-quality offering to the full-service firm's stellar client base, which includes Kimberly-Clark, Citibank and Refinería La Pampilla, part of Repsol Group. Other key members of the team, praised for its customer service enhanced by legaltech initiatives, are counsel Carlos Cadillo and stand out associate, Sebastián Soltau.
‘The team is focused on the client’s need. The analysis they provide and the solutions they propose are practical and effective, within the current legal framework.’
‘There is good integration between the internal advisers of our company and the Miranda & Amado team with whom we work constantly. We currently only work with that law firm in Peru.’
‘The best qualities are the availability of time, attention and service, especially Eric Castro.’
‘Strong points: they answer our calls quickly and their responses to our queries are correct. They compare well with teams from other firms.’
‘Eric Castro is very willing, empathetic, responds quickly to our queries and his analysis helps us to make decisions. Sebastián Soltau performs a good technical defence in proceedings. Fernando Rodríguez García gives accurate answers on occupational safety issues.’
‘The team is very fused and solid. They are concerned with keeping their clients informed on a day-to-day basis of the latest developments in the workplace, promoting spaces for the dissemination of new information. Comparing them with other law firms, they have managed to stay ahead.’
‘Sebastián Soltau is a good strategist, he knows how to analyse judicial processes very well, and he also remains very active in relelvant social networks, especially of a technological nature in the field of law. Eric Castro also stands out, not only for the correct way he analyses complex situations but also for his customer service.’
Refinería La Pampilla (Repsol Group)
Transportadora de Gas del Perú
Gas Natural de Lima y Callao (Cálidda)
Banco Interamericano de Finanzas
Nexa Resources Perú
Banco de Crédito del Perú
Citibank del Perú
Productos Tissue del Perú
- Represented Refinería La Pampilla (Repsol Group) in the negotiation and successful execution of a collective bargaining agreement involving approximately 700 employees.
- Advising Transportadora de Gas del Perú in drafting and implementing its sexual harassment policies and internal regulations to comply with new legislation.
- Acting for Gas Natural de Lima y Callao (Cálidda) in several administrative and judicial proceedings related to health and safety in the workplace.
A compact but highly-capable team at PricewaterhouseCoopers Peru advises its global client base, as well as some domestic heavyweights, on five key areas: strategic labour projects, corporate support, labour auditing, disputes (including collective bargaining and arbitration) and immigration services. The team is Scotiabank's principal labour advisor, recently representing it in collective bargaining and assisting with the implementation of the bank's equal pay and non-discrimination policies. Clients highlight the proactivity of the team, comprising experienced partner Percy Alache and nine associates, including seniors Pierre Mendoza and Adriana Tapia.
H&M Hennes Mauritz
Geyer Kabel Peru
- Advising Heinz-Glas Perú on its 2019 and 2020 collective bargaining processes, generating savings to the company of $2m; and representing the company in matters before the Peruvian National Superintendence of Labour Inspection (SUNAFIL) and the judiciary.
- Representing H&M Hennes Mauritz in the planning of collective negotiations; and representing the company in all its judicial labour processes, and corporate labour consulting.
- Principal labour consultants to Scotiabank, handling the implementation of its equal pay and non-discrimination project, and advising on collective bargaining processes with the bank’s unions.
Best know for its criminal litigation capability, Benites, Vargas & Ugaz also has a successful labour disputes and advisory practice led by the experienced and 'very responsible’ Jorge Luis Acevedo. The firm attracts high calibre clients, such as Telefónica del Perú, Lima Airport Partners and Primax, for both one-off, high-impact claims, and multiple class actions. An 11-strong associate team includes Karla Zuta and Franklin Altamirano who are both noted.
‘Strong points are the closeness to the client, empathy, trust and availability.’
‘They know the subject, each lawyer with a specialty, which makes solving problems much faster; secondly, they know our company – this is an extremely important factor for us.’
‘The quality of the people and the availability, and the openness to listen to the problems and pose different scenarios are their strengths. I think something that stands out is the openness and availability of the firm’s lawyers.’
‘The firm is our main external legal advisor for all legal matters, both consultancy and also labour judicial inspections and proceedings. Their comparative advantage is that they know our business well, which makes the job much easier. They are reliable and do an excellent job.’
‘We work with Jorge Luis Acevedo, who is a partner and head of the labour area. He is very responsible and handles the matter very well. He deserves all our trust, because he is a very straight person and is available.’
Telefónica del Perú
Administración de Empresas (AESA)
Lima Airport Partners
Embotelladora San Miguel del Sur (Industrias San Miguel – ISM)
Bureau Veritas del Perú
GSP Servicios Generales (AUNA)
Obrascón, Huarte, Lain (Peru)
Banco Internacional del Perú – Interbank
- Representing Telefónica del Perú in judicial proceeding relating to outstanding amounts belonging to the Special Fund for Medical Assistance (created 1989) for employee contributions, which has now been terminated and put into liquidation.
- Representing Minera Yanacocha in the judicial proceedings initiated by contractor workers where the joint liability of the client is in dispute.
Labour and tax boutique Gálvez & Dolorier Abogados advises both corporates and individuals on personnel planning, labour compliance audits, compensations programmes, immigration, collective bargaining and litigation. Javier Dolorier heads the three-partner practice that also includes Flor Villaseca and Karen Céspedes, plus two associates. Clients include Petroperu, Electroperú and DHL Express Perú, as well as a number of administrative bodies, such as the Peruvian social security and pension authority (ONP).
DHL Express Perú
ONP (Peruvian social security and pension authority)
Traditionally strong in the mining and hydrocarbons sectors, García Sayán Abogados is able to service the labour law demands typical of such industries. The practice is particularly strong in contentious matters, both judicial and administrative, with niche expertise in social security and immigration law. The team partnership rose to three with the promotion of Macarena Morales to partner in April 2019, joining Alberto Varillas and Jaime Durand as the key practice contacts. Senior associate Claudia Seminario is an up-and-coming labour all-rounder.
‘It is a cohesive team with highly specialised skills within the area of labour law.’
‘The are able to provide business-orientated solutions. Alberto Varillas, Jaime Durand and Claudia Seminario stand out in labour counselling, while Macarena Morales and Claudia Seminario are recommended specifically in labour proceedings.’
Nexa Resources Peru
Cencosud Retail Peru
Compañia De Minas Buenaventura
Swissotel Lima (Hotelera Costa Del Pacifico)
Kingsley Gate Peru
Kingsley Gate Peru
Ferrocarril Central Andino
- Acting for Compañia De Minas Buenaventura in a $10.5m arbitration process, as well as advising the client with its labour planning activities.
- Representing Cencosud Peru in more than 200 lawsuits for unlawful dismissal, health issues and other labour matters.
KPMG Tax and Legal
Originally spun out of the then independent Estudio Echecopar back in 2014, labour law boutique Tsuboyama Cuzquén & Nicolini, Abogados has since become the labour practice of KPMG Tax and Legal following the wholesale incorporation of the boutique in April 2020. The small team - which acts for an impressive client roster including Solgas, Banco de Crédito del Perú and Techint - is led by Liliana Tsuboyama, who focuses on individual labour law and migration, and also handles corporate labour advisory; and Jaime Cuzquén, who specialises in employment relationships, occupational safety, union matters and collective bargaining. Younger partner Duilio Nicolini Barco (employment relationships, salary planning, occupational safety, outsourcing, and transactional employment matters ) becomes director of the labour and migration department in the new arrangement, with associate Paola Che León stepping up to practice supervisor.
‘They must know and understand our company and it is not easy, however they understood how the company worked almost immediately. They have solved complex situations that other studies could not solve. I consider that they are far above other studies.’
‘They are dedicated to serving each case as their own, are always available, and have extensive knowledge and experience in labour law matters. They are excellent professionals and they show a lot of proactivity and empathy. Overall, they are generally a great team.’
Cía Latinoamericana de Radiofusión
Banco de Credito del Perú
Talma Servicio Aeroportuarios
Cía Minera los Andes Peru Gold
Servicio Nacional de Adiestramieto en Trabajo Industrial (SENATI)
Lima Bus Internacional 1
Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo (COFIDE)
Brexia Goldplata Peru
- Advised a client on the complete restructuring of its workforce.
- Advised a client on the successful termination of a long-term service relationship.
A high level of client satisfaction at Estudio Olaechea is testament to the solid and reliable team, that advises some leading multinationals on their labour law needs in Peru. The practice is led by experienced partners José Antonio Valdez and Lucianna Polar, and is increasingly involved in contentious and non-contentious terminations and workforce restructurings in response to the current economic climate.
‘A very cohesive team that truly works as a team. They consult each other and take reasonable time before responding in the way you need and advice is concrete.’
‘Their teamwork, their responses, their style of work, added to the warm and cordial treatment of their clients, together generate trust and credibility stand out. The willingness to resolve details that appear later is part of their style. Lucianna Polar, head of the work team, leads with knowledge and experience, generating confidence.’
‘Excellent client service; always ready to help; extensive knowledge of local legislation; excellent preparation for all cases. Recommend José Antonio Valdez , Juan Carlos Valera and Ana Sofia Apaza.’
IMS Internet Media Services
Renner Coatings Peru
NCR del Peru
National Oilwell Varco
Alcatel Lucent – Nokia
- Advising a well-known international company on the termination of the labour relationship with a manager and two other employees of its Peru office.
- Representing a global company on the structure and design of a strategy to minimise labour contingencies, and representing the company in related judicial proceedings.
Osterling Abogados advises on labour, social security, health and safety and immigration issues with a particularly strong following among the insurance, pharmaceutical and mining companies. The team boasts a high success rate in litigation and arbitration, and is currently acting for Rimac Seguros in this regard. The team of four specialists include partners Ary Alcántara Valdivia and Joyce Cieza Mora.
‘Recommend for their up-to-date knowledge, accurate strategy and experience in litigation, especially Ary Alcántara Valdivia.’
‘The team of Osterling Abogados is top quality, they know the regulations in detail and advise their clients adequately and in a timely manner. They are available and successful as company representatives in the face of negotiation.’
‘Ary Alcántara Valdivia is a benchmark in the labour market. He is knowledgeable about regulations, has legislated high-impact collective bargaining and has an excellent relationship with his clients. Joyce Cieza Mora is also very talented, responds quickly and is thoroughly familiar with regulations specific to her client’s sector.’
Gold Fields La Cima
Sociedad Minera Corona
Sanofi Aventis Del Perú
Maxi Mobility Perú – Cabify
Sociedad Minera Austria Duvaz
Corporación Financiera De Desarrollo – COFIDE
Grupo Repsol del Perú
Comercializadora S & E Perú
- Acting for Gold Fields La Cima on the implementation of measures to prevent and punish sexual harassment in accordance with recent legal obligations.
- Representing Sanofi Aventis in the legal aspects of hiring and obtaining residence for foreign workers.
Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados has skill in this arena, advising a quality client roster on a broad spectrum of labour matters, from collective bargaining and transactional support, to judicial and administrative proceedings. Clients include Visa International, Lima Gas and Thomson Reuters Peru. The team of 10 associates is now led by counsel Cristina Oviedo, following the departure of former practice head Germán Lora to boutique Damma Legal Advisors at the end of 2019, to develop a labour practice there. Brian Ávalos and Martín Ruggiero are both associates of note.
‘Recommend for the quality and clarity of their advice, especially that of Cristina Oviedo.’
APM Terminals Callao
Impala Terminals Perú
Celima Trebol Corporation
Forsac Peru (CMPC Group)
Productos Tissue del Peru (PROTISA)
Concesionaria Vila del Peru (COVIPERU)
Vale Exploration Peru
Thomson Reuters Peru
- Advising APM Terminals Callao on general labour matters, with an emphasis on union issues; also handling collective bargaining negotiations with two different unions.
- Advising Visa International on general labour matters.
Rebaza, Alcázar & De Las Casas provides advisory and litigation advice to the firm's high-calibre client base, with a particular focus on the fishing, port industry, telecommunications, financial, manufacturing and aeronautical sectors. The team is efficient, creative and understands clients' businesses, according to those who instruct them, while head of the practice, María Haydee Zegarra, advises with 'passion and dedication.'
‘The team led by María Haydee Zegarra is a dynamic in that it adapts quickly to the client’s requirements, understands the business and is successful with the delivery.’
‘María Haydee Zegarra is one of the most outstanding lawyers in labour law, her experience and closeness to the business is, without a doubt, the greatest added value to her work. Another outstanding lawyer is Carlos Espinoza, who quickly understands the requirements in a versatile way with a great nose for understanding the client.’
‘Its solid analysis and recommendations, as well as the depth of knowledge of our business, position Rebaza, Alcázar & De Las Casas as one of the best in the field.’
‘The creative and well-explained approach of their evaluations and recommendations are high points. One aspect that differentiates them from their competitors is the rigor to meet the deadlines. We must especially highlight the partner in the area, María Haydee Zegarra, who assumes each problem as if it were her own and evaluates it with passion and dedication in order to provide us with recommendations that allow us to make decisions, analysing all the risks.’
Telefónica del Perú
DP World Callao
Tecnológica de Alimentos
Cartones del Pacífico
Aeropuertos del Perú
Latam Airlines Peru
Cadena de Comercio Perú (Oxxo)
Komatsu Mitsui Maquinarias Perú
- Represented a finance company on the implementation of its equal pay policy.
- Successfully defended a large domestic company in nine judiicial cases regarding scope of employees’ duties before the Labour Court.