Mr Nicholas Wright > Chambers of George Bompas KC > London, England > Lawyer Profile
4 Stone Buildings Offices
4 Stone Buildings
- Go to...
Mr Nicholas Wright
Barrister specialising in commercial and commercial Chancery litigation, particularly company law and shareholder disputes, insolvency and civil fraud. He acts both led and unled in cases before the High Court and County Court and has acted in LCIA arbitrations and related applications to the High Court.
Examples of recent instructions include:
- acting for the petitioner in an unfair prejudice petition arising from the breakdown of a joint venture to acquire and develop a large commercial property. The case settled shortly following presentation in the petitioner’s favour (led by David Lord QC);
- acting for the petitioning minority shareholders in an unfair prejudice petition arising from their exclusion from management, threats to dilute their shareholdings, non-payment of dividends and excessive payments to the majority (as sole counsel);
- acting in a claim under UAE law against an international law firm and several of its current and former partners in relation to their conduct of a fraud investigation and their alleged involvement in breaches of the claimant’s rights whilst detained (led by Edward Fitzgerald QC, John Brisby QC and Alastair Tomson);
- acting for minority shareholders in substantial arbitration proceedings concerning a large Russian coal mine and its offshore holding company (led by Aidan Casey QC and Alexander Cook);
- acting for the petitioning minority shareholder in an unfair prejudice petition concerning the alleged unlawful exclusion of a co-founder of a tech company and the expropriation of his shareholding (led by Stephen Auld QC); and
- acting for the administrators of the insolvent estate of the late Boris Berezovsky (led by Donald Lilly).
Called: 2019 (Lincoln’s Inn)
Chancery Bar Association, COMBAR
MA History, Trinity College, University of Cambridge; MPhil International Relations and Politics, Peterhouse, University of Cambridge; GDL & BPTC, City, University of London.