Andrew Lothian > DWF > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
NO 2 LOCHRIN SQUARE
- Go to...
I am a partner specialising in catastrophic injury, casualty, and policy coverage advice. I head the casualty and general insurance team in Scotland.
I defend insurers, self-insured corporates and public bodies from catastrophic injury, casualty and motor claims. I also defend clients from health and safety prosecutions and represent them at Scottish fatal accident inquiries.
DWF attracts plaudits for its counter-fraud offering, which is overseen by Jill Sinclair, who ‘achieves some outstanding results’. The team includes Andrew Lothian, who specialises in defending insurers and self-insured entities against catastrophic injury and fatal claims. Another key individual is Lynne Macfarlane, who undertakes a wide range of defence-side insurance litigation, with work ranging from employers’ and public liability cases to road traffic and product liability claims. Senior associate Julia McDonald also handles a large number of motor claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation