David Whaley > Thompson Hine LLP > Cincinnati, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
312 WALNUT STREET, 14TH FLOOR
CINCINNATI, OH 45202-4089
- Go to...
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation/ERISA Litigation
David, a partner in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice, counsels private and public companies and nonprofit organizations on matters in relation to employee benefits. He has experience advising companies, trustees, fiduciaries and lending institutions on issues related to employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs). David has significant experience in advising sponsors and employers with respect to multiple employer retirement and welfare plan arrangements, including pooled employer plans under the SECURE Act. In addition, he assists in establishing benefits programs for new entities resulting from corporate reorganizations and represents plan sponsors in connection with federal agency audits of benefit plans.
- University of Dayton School of Law, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude
- University of Dayton, B.S., 2000
United States > Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
Thompson Hine LLP advises on a range of benefits matters, including 401(k) plans, defined benefit plans, deferred compensation arrangements, including Section 409A compliance issues, as well as health and welfare plans. In Cleveland, Julia Ann Love leads the practice and focuses on group health plan rules under the Affordable Care Act, while Washington DC-based Dominic DeMatties advises on ERISA compliance issues relating to tax-qualified and non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements. Other key members of the team include David Whaley, Timothy Brown, Kim Wilcoxon and Laura Ryan, who are all based in the firm’s Cincinnati office.
- Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design - United States > Labor and employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense